1753491 Members
4573 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

run script on recovery of some alarm

febelus
Advisor

run script on recovery of some alarm

hi, i've create a syslog template that create an alarm when i port go in err-disabled for portsecurity sticky. i've create a script to deploy on configuration center to unblock the port i i can pass the port umber and switch name to variable. Now i'd like to create a rule that execute the specific script to allarmed port (for cisco blocked port i want to run script on recovery) is possible?

8 REPLIES 8
febelus
Advisor

Re: run script on recovery of some alarm

no one of this can help me.... I've created a cli script to recovery portsecurity disabled port..... the script work. now i want to execute this script when recover a type of alarm...

racowi
Frequent Advisor

Have you tried using 'Intelligent Policy Center'? There is not much documentation on this subject, but sometimes I have tried to do tests, I have had 50% success. I would like the HPE team to improve the functions of this utility and explain better how to use more variables or parameters in our favor.

febelus
Advisor

policy center can trig only snmp event ....i have to run script from an alarm generated from syslog template event..... there is a solution?

racowi
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Let say that your Syslog to Alarm name is "recover err-disabled". Then you  can use it on Policy Center.
Add an event and select Alarms: "Trap upgraded from syslog" <-- that is the actual name.

Then on the "Alarm Variable Matching Rules" section add the following:

1. Alarm Variable Name: "Rule Name"

2. Regular Expression: "recover err-disabled".

That is the way to trigger syslog to alarm events. 

febelus
Advisor

you are my hero!!!

now i can 'trigger' the port blocked alarm to event of intelligent policy center .... but where can i found some documentation to create an action that run my cli script to the alarm source device on the blocked port (variable $port on my syslog to alarm)??

febelus
Advisor

i want to run script only when recover error... now i'. using "Trap upgraded from syslog" and is not good ....i see that there is "Recover trap upgraded from syslog" but if i set this event configuration with the same rule name not wont to work....

racowi
Frequent Advisor

Sorry I don't have the answer for how to run the script using the variables from a specific alarm.

Like I said before, Intelligent policy center have a lack of documentation and in my opinion is still on beta. 

One question: Why don't you create the auto recovery on the Cisco itself ex: "errdisable recovery interval xx"?