SOLVED
Go to solution
defaliz
Occasional Advisor

too many redirect after upgrade imc E0703

hi

i've extacly the same problem than this post :

"After Update from 7.3 (E0605P04) to 7.3 (E0703) IMC Webpage not working"

all process are started but the login page is allways restarted (redirect)

do i have to upgrade NTA (actually E0504) and wich version ?

regards

11 REPLIES 11
jguse
HPE Pro

Re: too many redirect after upgrade imc E0703

Hello,

Please upgrade NTA, here is the download link:

https://h10145.www1.hpe.com/downloads/SoftwareReleases.aspx?ProductNumber=JG750AAE

You should first upgrade to iMC NTA v7.3 (E0506) and then to iMC NTA v7.3 (E0506P02) to resolve the issue.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
defaliz
Occasional Advisor

done, and it's the same... you can see in the file attached..

regards

defaliz
Occasional Advisor

since the upgrade my certificate has changed :

CN=iMC Development Team,OU=R&D

before i'had a digicert certificate

defaliz
Occasional Advisor

hi,

no replies for my problem ? how is file server.xml ?

i think there is a problem with redirect directive

regards

jguse
HPE Pro

Hello,

Sorry I'm not here all the time, it's been really busy. If you are still unable to login and need urgent assistance, please open a support case for IMC. So far I haven't seen any issues with redirecting that were not solved by upgrading NTA to P02.

* Did the web page error change at all after upgrading NTA, or it's still redirecting?

* Have you tested with HTTP instead of HTTPS (or is the system HTTPS-Only)?

* Have you made any modification to the iMC\client\bin\startup.bat file (for example based on the workaround to start jserver in another topic)?

* What do you mean concerning server.xml? Is there an error in the logs related to this?

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
defaliz
Occasional Advisor

Hi, thanks for replies

after upgrating it's the same, the login page never displayed and page turnaround again and again

yes i've tested with HTTP but it redirected automatically to HTTPS

yes i've made a modification to my iMC\client\bin\startup.bat  as i read in a topic

startup.bat >> startup_secure.bat and startup_d.bat startup.bat

it was this topic "IMC's not working, JSERVER stopped and don't start"

because jserver won't start

thank for your help

ALain

jguse
HPE Pro

Hello,

That method for startup.bat is not recommended or supported, except for debugging why it won't start otherwise, or a last resort if you have jmx.password file issues that somehow can't be resolved yet. IMC can't be guaranteed to work properly in this mode, as it uses 512MB Java Heap among other things. Please make sure you have a support case open to investigate why you can't set the permissions on jmx.password correctly.

If you need to get IMC running, I posted again in the other topic, here is the relevant bit...

The "Java Heap Size" is also set to 512MB by default, which will make IMC run very slowly (if at all, on larger installs). You can fix that though, by modifying the -server -Xmx512m in the following line:

set JAVA_OPTS=-server -Xmx512m -XX:PermSize=64m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -Dimc.home="%IMC_HOME%" -Duser.language=en -Duser.country=US -Djava.io.tmpdir="%IMCROOT%\tmp" -Dorg.apache.el.parser.COERCE_TO_ZERO=false

Here is the same line on my test system with 8GB Heap Size (out of 16GB total memory), and a few other changes that only exist in the "normal" startup.bat:

set JAVA_OPTS=-server -Xmx8192m -Xrs -XX:PermSize=64m -XX:MaxPermSize=1024m -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:HeapDumpPath=../log -Dimc.home="%IMC_HOME%" -Duser.language=en -Duser.country=US -Djava.io.tmpdir="%IMCROOT%\tmp" -Dorg.apache.el.parser.COERCE_TO_ZERO=false -Dorg.apache.tomcat.util.buf.UDecoder.ALLOW_ENCODED_SLASH=true -Dorg.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.ALLOW_BACKSLASH=true

You'll need to restart IMC for the change to take effect.

Let me know if that works, and please open a support case for the jmx.password issue.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
defaliz
Occasional Advisor

hi Justin

are you sure this reply is for my problem ?, because i don't speak about jmx.password

regards

jguse
HPE Pro
Solution

Hello,

If jmx.password is not related, what was the reason for changing startup.bat by renaming startup_d.bat like I had mentioned in the other post? That is why I am bringing it up - it sounds like you had the jmx.password issue and resorted to using the "workaround" I've described in the other post to get jserver process to start.

I did put a clear mention on that workaround that it should only be used as a temporary last resort to bring IMC online if you cannot otherwise fix the problem with the jserver process startup.

I've also mentioned:

It's possible that you will encounter issues with HTTPS Signed Certificates or Distributed IMC installations if you use that workaround. It's a last resort if all else fails while you figure out why the permissions don't work - don't use it long-term!

Please try fixing the jmx.password file permissions and go back to using the startup_secure.bat as startup.bat (rename it back). The startup_d workaround should not be necessary.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo