IP Telephony - NBX
1752571 Members
4622 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

3-digit extensions vs. 4-digit extensions

bmaitdepartment

3-digit extensions vs. 4-digit extensions

Has anybody converted their NBX from a 3-digit to 4-digit plan? I'm wondering if you actually have to upload a new dial plan or if you can use the 3-digit plan and then convert all of the extensions? As I understand, the Admin Guide suggests uploading a new 4-digit plan and then converting all of the extensions after that. I am hoping that I can keep my dial plan as it is- then change from 3 to 4-digit and change all of the extensions manually and/or using the conversion tool on the NBX.

3 REPLIES 3
merlin_1
Super Advisor

Re: 3-digit extensions vs. 4-digit extensions

When you make a significant change like that , the extensions system internal numbers as well as phantom system numbers All change to 4 digit . When you change over you go into system settings and change your settings for numbering , or the system will change over to default settings . All custom routes can be re imported but your dial plan will change to a 4 digit . Been a while since I have done one but the system will give you a default 4 digit dial plan

maknbx_1
Frequent Advisor

AND pay attention of all extension because more time the NBX rest in some devices in 3 digit extension.

You controll all devices extension:

PARK

(For Exaplme in my installation when turn to 3 digit PARK remain in 3 digit and aonly the way is remove all the extension in park menu, select auto discovery, and reboot the NBX, oterwise the NBX with feature CallPark didn't function

AutoAttenandt

Pay attention in dial plan if you are 500 and 5000 AA if the dial plan min and max digit for 5 is min 3 max 4...........
bmaitdepartment

So I don't have to upload a new dial-plan? Sounds like the system will upgrade itself once the option for 4-digit is chosen. However, I am aware that some extensions will not automatically change.

This message was edited by bmaitdepartment on 6-29-09 @ 8:02 AM