1752292 Members
5092 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 3103 Manager's audio issue

bigmaneric97_1
Frequent Advisor

3103 Manager's audio issue

I have a 3103 manager's phone that has audio issues when connecting with phones at a remote location.  Calls here are all good, but when calling a remote location the audio from the 3103 is being dropped a lot.  A few packets make it though but not many.  our NBX is running code R6_5_22P03 and we are on a dedicated MAN.  I have had the phone plugged into both 100Mb and 1 Gig ports on two different switches the same result.

7 REPLIES 7
merlin215
Valued Contributor

Sound slike maybe priority on the network or maybe a busy network . I would guess a busy network .

How big is the piope out to the remote location side ? 

a lot of data traffic ?

Does this occur on all calls or some calls ?

if some calls then I would look at the way the routers are handling the NBX traffic on the far end . So , maybe  a network trace or something . I assume you have tried calling different telephones and not the same one , so Does it occur on one remote tel or all remote tels ?  if only one tel can you swap the tel out ?

bigmaneric97_1
Frequent Advisor

All of our routers are setup with the same QOS for phones.  To me is seems strange that it appears to be calls just to the one location with a 3103 phone.  There are 3103 phones at that location and they can call here with no issues.  I've been trying to get a network capture but that has proven to be a challenge.

We have 50 Mb connection here and the location has a 5Mb connection and I don't have enough traffic to fill the pipe between the two.  This happen on all og the calls and it seems to be the audio packets from the 3103 that are getting dropped.  Everything else works.

THanks,

Eric

merlin215
Valued Contributor

Not sure but the 3103 tels do not have any known issues  like this .

Are you running in SIP mode ?

One way audioin siup means that the rtp stream cannot find both end devices ( tel and Gateway - DLC card )

Strange that only one tel is acting up . Did you swap the tel and try say a good tel in that location and see if that gets one way audio ? Just take another 3103 and plug it in , , don't change ext etc .

bigmaneric97_1
Frequent Advisor

We are not in SIP mode at this time.  And I tried a brand new phone with a different extension and I got the same results.  I even tried it in a defferent switch.

Thanks,

Eric

merlin215
Valued Contributor

So only in that one location ?

bigmaneric97_1
Frequent Advisor

That is correct.  It really frustrates me that it is one model of phone and involves just one location.  I'm trying to find a network tap or a hub that the phones will work with so i can get a good data capture from the phone itself so I can see if I can find where the packets are getting dropped.

Justin_Goldberg
Valued Contributor

bigmaneric91,

What resolved this issue? I'm curious.  :smileyvery-happy: