1748026 Members
3818 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 3105 Attendant Console cable pinout

jprichard
Advisor

3105 Attendant Console cable pinout

For anyone who needs it, here's how I have my RJ45 to DB9 adapter pinned out (to work with standard patch cable):

RJ45                                     DB9

=====                                =========

Pin 1                                    Not used

Pin 2                                    Pin 8

Pin 3                                    Pin 3

Pin 4                                    Pin 2

Pin 5                                    Pin 5

Pin 6                                    Pin 1

Pin 7                                    Not used

Pin 8                                    Pin 9

Commands:

DSSBLF> help

***** AVAILABLE COMMANDS *****

Logging Functions

nbxShowLogFilters

nbxSetLogLevelFilter

nbxSetMsgTypeFilter

IP Settings

nbxSetIpAddress

nbxSetNcpIpAddress

nbxSetSubnetMask

nbxSetGatewayAddress

nbxSetNcpMacAddress

Debug Commands

nbxShowConfig

nbxEepromDump

nbxEepromClear

nbxRestart

nbxReset

VCX Commands

vcxSetAltSrvrIpAddress

vcxSetVlanConfig

10 REPLIES 10
merlin_1
Super Advisor

Thanks for the post 

Appreciate good info !

Inge_Suzzy
Frequent Advisor

I can't install the 3105 console, when i try to set the addres of the server of VCX it didn't recognize the command, i need help!!!

Trusted Contributor

try NbxSetIpAddress (upper/lower case must be specific)... N, S, I, A are uppercase

Inge_Suzzy
Frequent Advisor

the IP Address was succesfully configured  on the attendant console, thank you, the firmware was upgraded  and  now accept VCX commands, I have added the mac address of the attendant on VCX devices and match with the phone of the operator, but the attendant console does not transfer or calling any of the extensions on button mapping.

I see the CLI of the attendant and it seems it's working, but the VCX can't interpret the signals that sends the console.

I found this but i want to be sure that it works, and i will not have problems with the telephony. Can i do this while the telephony service it is working?

migrated from 3Com Knowledgebase
Title :
VCX - 3105 Attendant Consoles dont work with VCX 9.5.13
Software/Firmware Version :
Products :
3CRC200A - 3Com(r) VCX(r) Connect 200 IP Communications Platform 3CRC201A - 3Com(r) VCX(r) Connect 200 Optional Redundant Secondary Server 3CRC200B - 3Com(r) VCX(r) Connect 200 IP Communications Platform 3CRV6000A-09 - 3Com(r) V6000 Integrated Branch Communications Platform 3CRVH6100TM9L - 3Com(r) V6100 Integrated Branch Communications Platform 3CRV7005A-09 - 3Com(r) V7005 Series Server Applications Platform 3CRV7205A-09 - 3Com(r) V7205 Series Server Applications Platform 3CRVH701796E - 3Com(r) VCX V7005 Series Server 7.1 3CRVH722096A - 3Com(r) VCX V7205 Series Server 7.1 3CRVH701696D - 3Com(r) V7310 Series IP Conferencing Server 7.1
Symptom :
3105 Attendant Consoles will load and register from a VCX, but none of the button maps, speed dials, BLFs, etc. will work.
Fix :
Please execute the following steps on the VCX:
  1. putty into the VCX as root
  2. Switch user to cworks:
    #su - cworks
  3. Execute the command to get DB name:
    #cd /opt/3com/VCX/vcxdata/bin #./listVcxdata
    For example:
    Copyright (C) 2009 3Com Corporation, All rights reserved.VCXDATAV54#09002021 VCXDATA Schema Count: 1 SUCCESS: VCXDATA Schema Instances Found
    exit from cworks
  4. Go into sqlplus
    #su - oracle #sqlplus /nolog connect /as sysdba update VCXDATAV54#09002021.code_device_type set description = '3105 DSSBLF' where dev_type_id=1056; commit; (if it returns the message that ANY rows were updated, you MUST type commit; and press enter to save the change for each system) (repeat this command for any other schemas you see in listVcxdata)
    exit
  5. Reboot of the phones and the attendant console may be required to allow the button mappings to be updated.
Cause :
The VCX database is improperly provisioned regarding the 3105 attendant consoles.
Valued Contributor

This is an NBX forum . In answer to your question , I am not sure as I do not have all of the facts about what you are trying to accomplish and what you are faced with . PLs post over on the VCX forum and let me know if you do not get an answer ? 

Thanks

Inge_Suzzy
Frequent Advisor

I had  posted it since past friday on VCX forum but i  did not had response :smileysad:

Valued Contributor

If you are having this issue , I cannot see any reason why it would not work . It seems to be a legit knowledgebase doc but where did you get it from ? 

Inge_Suzzy
Frequent Advisor

From this link http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SupportTaskIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodTypeId=12883&prodSeriesId=4177717 for VCX troubleshoting.

I'm afraid because the VCX sometimes behaves strangely. And i don't know if the telephony will be affected while I do this update of database.

I will wait another day for a response on VCX forum, if  didn't have response I will try this procedure

Valued Contributor

Are you sure the Console is programmed correctly ?  I would check that first . It may be that this is your issue but make sure the DSS/BLF is set up and working correctly . Then go in and see if the buttons are set up as well . 

The VCX database is improperly provisioned regarding the 3105 attendant consoles.

Symptom :
3105 Attendant Consoles will load and register from a VCX, but none of the button maps, speed dials, BLFs, etc. will work.
Fix :
Please execute the following steps on the VCX:
  1. putty into the VCX as root
  2. Switch user to cworks:
    #su - cworks
  3. Execute the command to get DB name:
    #cd /opt/3com/VCX/vcxdata/bin #./listVcxdata
    For example:
    Copyright (C) 2009 3Com Corporation, All rights reserved.VCXDATAV54#09002021 VCXDATA Schema Count: 1 SUCCESS: VCXDATA Schema Instances Found
    exit from cworks
  4. Go into sqlplus
    #su - oracle #sqlplus /nolog connect /as sysdba update VCXDATAV54#09002021.code_device_type set description = '3105 DSSBLF' where dev_type_id=1056; commit; (if it returns the message that ANY rows were updated, you MUST type commit; and press enter to save the change for each system) (repeat this command for any other schemas you see in listVcxdata)
    exit
  5. Reboot of the phones and the attendant console may be required to allow the button mappings to be updated.
Cause :