New Discussion

3105 Console Freezing

SOLVED
Go to solution
nutrie
Advisor

3105 Console Freezing

NBX V300 5_0_31

I have a 3105 Attendant Console that is connect to its associated 3103 Manager Phone that is locking up from time to time (daily).  the 3103 phone never misses a beat but the 3105 needs to have its power cycled.  I have replaced the console and the 3103 phone and the patch cable still I get the lock up.  I am going to move swtich ports next...

11 REPLIES 11
merlin215
Valued Contributor

Re: 3105 Console Freezing

ounds like it could be an issue . If not get a tracer and see where the communications breaks down ...

nutrie
Advisor

I moved swich ports and the "RIGHT" 3105 still locks up.  There are two 3105s on the network the other one has not locked up . attached is a screen shot of the status of the two ... funny thing as I was getting the screen shot and refreashed the page the "LEFT" 3105 show similar data. 

merlin215
Valued Contributor

This is more and more sounding like either a corrupt console , Not sure , or a network issue , more likely .

Try removing the console and re installing it ( I assume you already have ) . If this does nothing then try changing to another switch port . What type of switch is it connected to ?  Any changes on the switch port ? Type of port ?  Connection speed , etc ?  Standard stuff ...

nutrie
Advisor

Is it possible the image on the V3000 for the 3105 is corupt? If this was the case, Is it possible to load a "known good" image on the V3000 and see what happens?

merlin215
Valued Contributor

Go into the NBoss logs and pull the latest NBoss ( or go back ) and see if that mac address shows up with a bad image message .

No there is no way to do that from the field  , RMA the unit if thats the case .

bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

If it were corrupt image on the NBX, then the other 3105 would be having the same issue.

how is 3105 connected? are you daisy chaining it off the 3103 phone?

or is directly connected to switch?

if daisy chained off 3103 phone, can you try it directly connected to switch to see if that is the issue?

nutrie
Advisor

it was daisy chained and then i put it on it's own switch port. I have also changed the swtich same result. right now its on a hub uplinked to an HP switch.
There is a new development. had an outage of the console in question, yesterday afternoon; however, the phones were quite busy at the time and without resetting the console, she actually continued taking calls, transfering manually and the panel started working again after about three minutes – so it dropped and reconnected.
I think I am going to move the trace to the NCP side and see what it sees....
What would stop communication then clear up for just this one device ? it's driving me nuts...:)
merlin215
Valued Contributor

Trace would help and open a case .

PS , I will call you later on today ... Have not forgotten you ...

nutrie
Advisor

Thanks merlin215... I did open a case, I uploaded some prelim traces but they were only from the 3105 side.  I will continue the saga here with what I am doing to resolve this for "entertainingly scientific purposes only":smileytongue:   please forgive my idiosyncratic report, I have always perfered parenthises to commas for some reason.

a couple years ago we configured the v3000, running 5_0_31, system with IP on the Fly mode enabled, which they no longer need because of site consoildation. Everything is Layer2 today. 

So, last night, after making a backup of the database (which I highly recommend everybody do on a regular basis) I rebooted the system into Enternet Only mode and to get a complete traffic picture I uplinked to the network my venerable 3Com® SuperStack® II Dual Speed Hub 500 24-Port (modified with the loud rattling fan removed and connected to a fancy UPS) and connected it the NCP, the 2 3105 consoles and the associated 3103 phone,  my monitoring PC, running Wireshark and a telnet session to the NCP.  

I am now eagerly awaiting the console to lock up again, which it has EVERYDAY (serveral times, once for sure in the morning around 10:00 and again in the late afternoon)  for the past 3 weeks (AT LEAST.  You see,  the receptionist has been quietly reboot the console for who knows how long)

But guess what? this morning? no lockup reported.  I called to double check :)

Now, you think I'd be hopefull... but darnit I want to see a trace of the lock up with the NCP and devices in question.... "Please lock up on me, well wait.... no, don't lock up...  no, please lock up so I know why I have spending all this time trying to fix this"