1748266 Members
3500 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 3com NBX V3000 Call routing issue

Bamya
Advisor

So i checked the call party again but this time i tried two calls the first one was to my main number (XXX2251) which the auto attendadn picked up and the second was one of my other DID(XXX1126).  Here is what i got.  I noticed that the extension for the XXX2251 calling party is XXX2251 and the extension for the XXX1126 calling party is the hunt group 410.  Does that tell you anything at all?        

Channel Direction Called party Calling party Extension Completion Cause code

1 From PSTN XXX1126 XXXXXX9907 410 16 : NORMAL_CLEARING

1 From PSTN XXX2251 XXXXXX9907 XXX2251 16 : NORMAL_CLEARING

bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

no, that is quite strange.

Here is my suggestion

enclosed is a new dialplan where , in table 2, 2251 used to go to the timed route 35, now it is going to route 28, which is hunt group 410.

try inputting this dialplan (remember you will lose dialtone for 30 seconds or so) and see if the calls then go to

the hunt group.

At least this will tell us if it is a timed route issue.

Bamya
Advisor

I was so excited to make the change thinking that this would resolve this issue but unfortunately that dialplan did not work.  Calls remain to be intercepted by the AA  I really appreciate you working with me to try and resolve this strange issue.  Is there a possibilty at all of this being a telco issue?  I cant think of anything else.  

Justin_Goldberg
Valued Contributor

Perhaps set it up on a public ip and pm someone here who can look at it (not me, someone who's an expert!). Don't post the ip. I've seen nbx's listed in google with the default passwords!
bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

Actually, the fact that the dialplan did not work helps since it points out that it is not a timed route issue.

Can it be telco issue? only thing I can think of is that the telco is sending us some numbers that the

PRI status is not reporting.

Can you do one more thing?

Connect a console cable to the PRI card (I hope you have one!!).. it connects at 9600-N-1-N,

at the -> prompt, type  cli <return>

then type stklog -iep on

make a call to 2251 and make a call to another extension that works. We can then compare the two

to see what is going on.

Bamya
Advisor

I thought this posted yesterday before leaving but i guess i forgot to hit the post button.  When i apply any dail plan here are the errrors i recieve.  I will perform what you suggested as soon as i find my console cable and post the results shortly. 

Route Entry Destination Extension Problem
4 1 *0004 warning: destination extension list contains some invalid extensions
5 1 *0005 warning: destination extension list is empty
8 1 *0008 warning: destination extension list is empty

Bamya
Advisor

this is what i get when i type stklog -iep on

ncp-00:00:00-if0->stklog -iep on
0x496e2f4 (rdcTask):
Please set valid remote device MAC address.

bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

hi.

You plugged the console port into the NBX console.

Sorry, plug the console cable into the console on your Digital Line card, not the NBX.

Bamya
Advisor

Here are the results.  See attached file.

bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

I was hoping to see an extra digit, but this proves that the PRI status is doing what it should be

I would be calling the telco delivering this asking "do we have 4 digit or 7 digit DID if 4, why are you sending XXX2251, if 7, then why are you not sending 7, but padding with XXXXX?

This is looking like telco issue, especially since 2251 is your main number.