1753407 Members
7203 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 3com NBX V3000 Call routing issue

Bamya
Advisor

Forget the XXXXXXX's its making me confused.  Im just going to show the number.

Isnt the telco sending 7 digit DID since the number in the status shows 7 digits. (5352251)  If they were sending only 4 then it would be only 2251 correct?  It also looks like they are sending 7 digits for 5351136. 

So i should be asking the telco if we have 4 digit DID then why are they sending 7 Digits.  If we have 7 digit DID then why are they sending 7 Digits?  Is that correct.  I just want to make sure because it doesnt sound right to me.  

Bamya
Advisor

I just spoke with AT&T.  They confirmed that they are pushing 7 digit DID.  One suggestion they had is for them to change from pushing out 7 digits to 4 digits.  According to them this is something that requires an act of congress at AT&T to make it happen but it is very possible.  I scheduled the change for next week.  I am crossing my fingers in hopes that this will solve my problem.  

I will report back as soon as I make the switch.  Thank you for all your help.  Hopefully I wont need any more of it :)

bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

Did you show them the text file where we received XXXX2251? , so not 7 digits, but padded with X'es.

there is one more thing you can try.. and if they are passing 7 digits when someone dials 2251, then it will work

What are the 7 digits dialed? (in other words, the xxxx)

thanx

Justin_Goldberg
Valued Contributor

Was AT&T able to fix it?

My guess (I know very little about the CO) is they're probably sending 7 digits in case they run short on available DID ranges, and had to assign you 41xx or 4xxx in two exchanges. There's no shortage that I know of, but perhaps a perceived or forecasted shortage.