1748048 Members
4925 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

3com NBX V3000 Call routing issue

Bamya
Advisor

3com NBX V3000 Call routing issue

i own a 3com NBX V3000 and I have been with the same telco carrier for the past 5 years.  This year I decided to change to AT&T since they offered me a better deal.  Last week was the turn up.  All numbers and DID's were ported so I assumed there would be nothing that I need to change in the phone system/dial plan.  Well apparently I was wrong.  After the port the phones no longer rings with the main # is called.  Instead the auto attendant answers. When calling all other DID's, the calls bypass the auto attendant and ring on the necessary phones.  My question is how do I bypass the attendants when the main phone number is called and have all the phones in the hunt group ring just like all the DID's.   Anyone's assistance is greatly appreciated.  

23 REPLIES 23
Justin_Goldberg
Valued Contributor

Re: 3com NBX V3000 Call routing issue

Check the pri status and trace the number in the "Called party" when you call in through the dial plan.
bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

What probably happened is that your new telco does not pass the same amount of numbers as the old telco.

So, the old telco may have passed to the NBX 5 numbers, your new telco is passing a different amount. That is why

calls are going to the Auto attendant.

So, find out how many numbers the telco is passing as Nintendo said above.. you can do this by checking PRI status.

Then go to your dialplan, table 2 and change the entry there ...or it might be in a pretranslator...

Bamya
Advisor

I did an little searching and I believe you are correct about the new telco passing a different amount of numbers from my previous telco.  The question here is how do i know that and how do i fix that.

I tried to perform a dial test on one of the PRI channels. I don’t know if I really understand the results but here they are.   

When I input 10 digits  here is what I get.  Note that I am replacing the first 6 digits with X’s for privacy reasons.

Translation and Routing verification tool

ERROR: Invalid phone number dialed for dial plan table 2

Digits in XXXXXX2251 digits out XXXXXX2251

When I input 7 digits here is what I get.

ERROR: Less digits (3) are required for table  for dial plan table 2 entry 6

Digits in XXX2251 digits out XXX2251    

When I input just the last 4 digits here is what I get. 

Pretranslator: no pretranslator specified for this device

Translator: Incoming DID and Auto Attendant (2)

Matching digit pattern: 2251 from entry 8

Call class: Internal

Route:       Main Phone Number 2251     (35)

Routing:

Digits provided to router: 2251

Route Entry Matched: RouteId=35 EntryId=1

Destination Route Entry: RouteId=28 EntryId=1

Free device is 410 Hunt Group

Digits to outpulse on terminating device: 2251.

Bamya
Advisor

Attached is the dail plan.  Your assistance is appreciated. 

bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

the old telco passed 4 digits, for example, 2251... Need to know how many digits the new telco is passing and what the leading other digits are.. I think it should be 5 digits, not sure what the leading one is.

to find out,

go to PSTN Gateway configuration/PRI span, click on the card, then click on Status..

make a call to xxxxxxxxxx2251, refresh the page and see what number came in

Bamya
Advisor

Here is what i get.

Channel Direction Called party Calling party Extension Completion Cause code

1 From PSTN XXX2251 XXXXXX3660 XXX2251 16 : NORMAL_CLEARING

Bamya
Advisor

Also, i would like to add that when i call any of the other DID's the call bypassed the auto attendent.  The main number (XXXXXX2251) is the only number that gets intercepted by the auto attendent.  

If the old telco is passing 4 digits and the new telco a differnet amout of digits then shouldnt all my DID numbers be affected and go directly to the auto attendent just like the main number.  Just a thought.  

bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

yes, I agree with you. .all numbers should be having the issue...

I see in your dialplan that 2251 is the only number that goes to a timed route...

check the timed route and the time on your nbx... When open mode, call should go to hunt group 410.

check and make sure the system is OPEN during the correct hours.. maybe someone did a "forced close" or something like that???

That is the only thing I can figure..

Bamya
Advisor

I just checked the time on the NBX and it is accurate, the system is in automatic-open and the main number eventually gets routed to 410 after leaving the auto attendant (after timeout or dialing 0 for the operator).  All other DID’s go directly to 410.