1752657 Members
5781 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ATA issues with 6_5_22

jeadavis
Advisor

ATA issues with 6_5_22

I have a V3000 running 6_5_22 with stand alone ATAs that are showing online but not providing dial tone.  This is happening on multiple systems.

14 REPLIES 14
jeadavis
Advisor

We have researched the issue down to the running software on the actual ATA.  The V3000 onboard ATA is working properly with S6_0_58.  The standalone, external ATA is running 6_0_55 and not providing dial tone.  We have attempted removal of the ATA from programming and reauto detecting the device.  This still does not allow the device to download the working 6_0_58 software. 

How can I get the 6_0_58 version on the external ATA?

bosoxfan_1
Super Advisor

hi.

You are running the correct versions.. the standalone ATA's (3c10400B) run S6.0.55 software.

The built in ATA's are different hardware and run the S6.0.58 software.

You should attach a console to the ATA to see what is going on and post it here.. or open a case.

jeadavis
Advisor

With all of the systems that the ATAs are running properly (onboard and standalone), ATAs are running the 6_0_58.  The difference between the working and nonworking standalone ATAs are the versions they are running. 

jeadavis
Advisor

Also another thing just found out.  3C10400s run 6_0_58 and 3C10400Bs run 6_0_55 on a V5000 running 6_5_22 software and work.  Just a little note.

bosoxfan_1
Super Advisor

yes, which ones are you running? the 3c100400 or the 400b's? I presume the code matches that

on the V5000 .

Connecting a console to the ATA and getting a network trace would find root cause of this issue.

One thing, if these are IP ATA's, make sure that they have gotten an IP address...

merlin_1
Super Advisor

A possibility of the ATA being unknown and not reporting correctly . Can you reboot the system and then reboot the ATA ? Make sure that the NBX is not causing this . Then , if this does not work , start a network trace from the NCP in a hub and capture out of the dumb hub with wireshark , and set up a hyperterm on the ATA  . After a reboot ,  go offhoook on the ATA and see if you get dial tone . Then send the Hyperterm and traces to us for review .

This message was edited by merlin on 3-11-10 @ 2:39 PM
merlin_1
Super Advisor

What did you find out ?

Did you get the traces and logs ?

Was the system rebooted ?

jeadavis
Advisor

In the process of troubleshooting this we have found that if we attach the ATA to a V5000 running 6_5_22 we download the firmware and test the ATA, we can then take that ATA and connect it to the V3000 or V3001R running 6_5_22 and it will work properly.  The issue seems to be with the ATA downloading the upgraded frimware or a patch that the V5000 has that the V3000 does not when going from 6_0_63 to 6_5_22. 

With Hyperterm attached to the ATA, the ATA appears to be in constant boot/reboot mode.  Once the ATA gets to the end of the bootup it waits shortly and then will go through another reboot sequence.

These ATAs are running as a layer 2 device so no IP necessary.

Sabbah
Occasional Advisor

Our customer is having same issue. Platform NBX 3001 Analog. All newly added ATA fail to upgrade softawre. Communication is L2 since I have placed ATA in the same Voice VLAN as NCP and other phones.

I connected to ATA console and I keep getting this message repeatedly:

"0323:165401 Downloader     E dnld_Timeout_Check: TIMEOUT: Resending Version Request"

If I take these ATAs and connect them on another NBX system (NBX 3001R 6.0.63), they will work normally.

I am disperately looking for support. We supplied the NBX to this customer in Aug 2010, and now we can not support him, we do not have access to latest software releases, and we can not switch the NBX to SIP mode because HP decided to stop selling the RAM memory upgrade, and we can not supply the requested number of ATAs because again HP stopped selling this product. We are in real bad shape with our customers.