108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Analog Terminal Adapter

magnuso
Occasional Contributor

Analog Terminal Adapter

I have NBX Ver: R6_5_18 Im running SIP

and im trying to connect ATA 3C10400B REV:BF

I get IP adress the first 5 sec and then im losing the IP. Anyone with a solution. I heard something that i need REV:D on the ATA is that correct?

4 REPLIES 4
bosoxfan_1
Super Advisor

yes, there is a known issue that this card keeps rebooting. You should call your 3Com representative for the patch to this issue.

roo5ter
Occasional Advisor

Thank you to Wally at 3Com support to this fix.

We have found a workaround for the issue of the 3C10400B continuing to reboot after upgrading to 6.5.18.

The workaround involves renaming a file.

Here are the directions:

1. ftp into the NBX using the administrator password 2. cd /htfs0/R6_5_18/BootLoaders/ATA_g3 3. In this folder, you will see a file called "revision.dat" (lower case r). This file should be named "Revision.dat" (Upper case R).

4. do a "get revision.dat" to pull the file off and place on your PC 5. on your PC, rename the file to "Revision.dat"

6. do a "put Revision.dat"

7. next, since you do not need the "revision.dat" file, do a dele revision.dat. This will leave only the upper case "Revision.dat" file 8.That's it !!! The 3C10400B will now reboot.

bosoxfan_1
Super Advisor

yes, that is what the patch does but much easier to install instead of customers ftp'ing into the box

magnuso
Occasional Contributor

Done that.

Does it need a reboot on NBX?

Probely i do that and i be back if it works.

THX for the solution. :)

Working great.

This message was edited by magnuso on 4-24-09 @ 2:22 AM