1751685 Members
5402 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Block certain extension from receiving CO calls

jmeredith72

Block certain extension from receiving CO calls

Hello everyone,

I have an NBX V3001R at one of our local schools. I am trying to set it up so that teachers can NOT receive incoming CO calls, but CAN receive incoming extension calls during 8:00am and 3:00pm.

If anyone has an ideas, please help!

Thanks!

Jesse

3 REPLIES 3
DanCarroll
Frequent Advisor

If your incomming calls go to an auto attendant, set up the digit for the teachers extensions, hopefully different from admin extensions, (1xx for admin and 2xx for classrooms etc.) to single digit transfer to the admin office-- for message taking.

You also could do a timed route for extension numbers.

which would send to the extension, when not in session and send to the voicemail of the extension instead when class is in session.

The auto attendant change would still allow an extension to extension call.

If you do the dial plan change, then it would be for table 2. That would allow for extension dialing which is controled by table 1

This message was edited by DanCarroll on 3-20-09 @ 7:45 AM
merlin_1
Super Advisor

You should look into purchasing dial plan editor as it will show you how to set up timed routes for the extensions so You can have the teacher tels silent during classes and ring after classes . You can set the hours not to ring and vice versus . Also a few other little goodies ion there to for schools .

dcasux
Occasional Advisor

did you get this problem resolved?

I have a dial plan edit that may help if you contact me.