3683 Online
108762 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Call Drop issues

jalleman
Occasional Contributor

Call Drop issues

Hello All,

Curently using NBX v3001 with 3102b phones.  Software ver.  R6_5_22.  We are currently experiencing dropped calls between phones on the same network.  One user will try to make a call to another extension and the call will drop either right as the person picks up the phone or before the phone is even picked up it seems.  We use 3com 4400 PWR switches.  Anyone have any ideas of what could be causing this?  Also NBX is set for IP-on-the-fly.

Any other info you might need to help let me know and ill try to get it to you.

Thanx in advanced

5 REPLIES 5
merlin_1
Super Advisor

Internal calls dropping ?  Hmmm....

Outside calls too ?

No known issues of dropoping internal calls except for maybe the network , but would need a trace to see this . Can you open a case with tech support ?

Are these all layer 2 calls ?

Are these remote layer 3 calls ?

are the tels all in the same subnet ? Maybe IP address issues .....

jalleman
Occasional Contributor

They are layer 2 calls.  and all the telephones are on the same subnet.  the 4400 switches have old software on them might updating them to the latest available fix this?  the 4400 have a software ver of 3.31 and i believe the latest is 6.13.  was trying here first may have to open a case with tech support.

merlin_1
Super Advisor

I think you are on the right track as I would upgrade the switches first . If necessary , then open a case . But i think that may be your issue . You can try a hub and see if the calls stay up , or a different switch as well , as a low level test .

This message was edited by merlin on 8-11-10 @ 7:09 AM
omegagera
Visitor

I have the same problem, but just some phones not all of them drop calls. I am using nbx v3000 Ver R6_0_63 and switches 3Com 4500 PWR ver V3.02.00s56. the telephones works in level 2 and using vlan for it. when a call is missed the telephone seems like  restarting and the log of the switch shows that the port  go down and then up. Some suggestions?

merlin215
Valued Contributor

Try using a power brick instead of POE out of the switch . Sounds like something to do with the power on the POE switch . I assume these are poe switches ?