1753261 Members
4971 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Call Forward/VM NBX100

2cents

Call Forward/VM NBX100

NBX100, NetSet Version: R6_0_63

I am wondering if anyone knows of a work-around for the following issue...

After hours calls ring a hunt group (say 470) instead of an autoattendant. From within the hunt group the timeout is set low as possible and then times out to a user/vm (say ext/box 410). (This is to allow a user to login into the nbx and change at will where or to whom the call will then go to, based on the department's needs.) From the user/vm the call can go to either of 2 seperate hunt groups, each of which forwards to a cell phone. Herein lies the issue, since we want the call to timeout to a vm box within the nbx rather than on the cell service. Obviously, the caller can only leave a vm on the cell phone atm.

Anyway, is there another possiblity or is this a simple technical limitation?

Thanks for any info.

5 REPLIES 5
merlin_1
Super Advisor

Herein lies the issue, since we want the call to timeout to a vm box within the nbx rather than on the cell service. Obviously, the caller can only leave a vm on the cell phone atm.

Anyway, is there another possiblity or is this a simple technical limitation?

Not sure if I understand what you are trying to do but I think this is it :

If I read this correctly , there is a forward to voicemail option that works only on a tel and not on an external call .

It will bring the caller back to the mailbox after the timeout . I do not know of a way to ring back to the mailbox after the call is sent to an external number ......

2cents

Yes, you are correct in that I would like the nbx to know if the call to the cell phone was answered or not and if not then the nbx would allow the caller to leave a vm on the nbx.

I was half expecting an answer like that I guess, since I have not found a way to do it myself. However, I was hoping I had overlooked some functionality in the nbx100 that would work.

I appreciate your timely response.

merlin_1
Super Advisor

There is no answer supervision on external calls so there is no way for the NBX to know what to do with the call . You are very welcome and good luck .

donbru01
Advisor

Hi you can use workaround , goto to 2n.cz and verify mobility extension .

It connect on ATA module and map 1:1 call to GSM Phone , if GSM phone not answered mobilty can route call another device

thanks

bruno

wtopc

Call Forward/VM NBX100

I have a NBX100 call forwarding dilemma.  Can anyone help?

When the cashiers are busy helping a customer, they don’t pick up their phone. We have call forwarding (after 4 rings) to a clerical worker’s phone. If the clerical worker does not answer, we want it to bounce back to the voice mail of the cashier.

It appears this happens correctly when the cashier’s phone is direct dialed (internally or externally).

However, when the call is transferred to the cashier’s phone from the switchboard or another internal extension, it does forward to the clerical worker’s phone, but is then returned back to the internal extension instead of the cashier’s mail box.

Is there a fix to this?