cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller Display

danieldunn10
Occasional Advisor

Caller Display

Hi, we have a NBX V3000. Would it be possible to change the display for when a certain number calls?

For example if a call comes in from a certain number it comes up on the display with 'Company X' instead of the number?

Many Thanks

6 REPLIES
merlin_1
Super Advisor

Re: Caller Display

The NBX in default will recieve caller id form the telco . whatever is being sent is what we display . If yiu are getting name and number format then this may explain it .  would need more info to confim this is the issue .

danieldunn10
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your reply. We are getting the number on the display, I just wondered if there was a way to change the number into a name.

From your reply it sounds as though this wouldnt be possible? I just though there may have been something I could add to the dial plan to do this

Thank you

jprichard
Advisor

The Dial Plan concerns itself with digits dialed outbound, and/or digits received (like DID numbers, or the main phone number) inbound from Telco; CallerID inbound is a different source.

Depending on your Telco provider, they may or may not be able to send both inbound CallerID name and number, but the 3Com is capable of receiving both.

Do you have analog lines, or a PRI?  If it's a PRI, to receive both CallerID name and number, that usually requires that it be NI-2 protocol.....but it's still up the the Telco, whether they provide name and number-- most do, but you'd have to check with them.

If that's possible, then you will see 'Company x' name and number simultaneously in the display (I say that, because the other brand phone system we sell, you have to toggle between the display of the name, or the number!)

danieldunn10
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your reply. The reason why I am asking this is we are having a number re-directed to our number, and I wanted it to show up on the screen that the call was for 'Company X'.

If I get the number re-directed to the DDI of a spare phone, could we do anything with the dial plan that way?

Thanks very much

Ed Holt
Regular Advisor

You could do a work arround of feeding those calls through a Hunt group and the hunt group name should be what is displayed name the HG what you want displayed.

3Com Certified IP Telephony VCX/NBX Expert CCNA
3Com Certified IP Telephony VCX/NBX Expert CCNA
danieldunn10
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for that idea!

So just ammend the dial plan to append the DDI to a hunt group number, which is set to ring our reception phones?

Thanks again!

This message was edited by danieldunn10 on 3-8-10 @ 9:45 AM