1748213 Members
3077 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Calling group to one line

lonewolf_1
Occasional Advisor

Calling group to one line

I am trying to get a calling goup on one telephone line.........basically the local power company has six POTS lines.......one is a fax....one is dedicated to the plant area.....3493.............and the small group of phones is 4 guys........so I had it set that the line goes into one port and then to them for ringing.........they call me last week and said it stopped working...................for the life of me I can't figure out why.........they have two calling groups...........Office and Plant......all the other lines except Plant are in the Office group..........they all work fine and normal.........its just that I can't get the Plant group to ring on their 3493 number..........they can call out and get transfers no problem.............I must be missing something real simple...........

3 REPLIES 3
bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

Re: Calling group to one line

just to be sure,

you have one analog line that rings a calling group? is that correct?

If you go to PSTN Gateway configuration/analog line cards, click on the port number for the line you want to ring the calling group...Auto Extension should have the number of the calling group in it there.. does it?

Not sure why this would change though? You might want to check and see if anyone changed the open and closed times on the system also.

lonewolf_1
Occasional Advisor

That is correct. They have a total of three lines. Two to front office. One to the Plant area. The plant line has its own number and its own line and own group. The extension is 4002 for them. I put it in the Auto extension area of the of the Analog Line Card #2 and that should be it............has far has I remember.......then all I have to do is hit apply and it should have worked.............I don't remember a reboot for that...........

bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

correct, no reboot required for that.

is it working?

if you dial x4002 from an internal extension, do the phones in the calling group ring as they should?