1748149 Members
3461 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Calls from outside cannot be conferenced over VTL

asixto
Occasional Contributor

Calls from outside cannot be conferenced over VTL

We have multiple sites with NBX's all linked to each other via VTL lines over point to point VPN's. Calls that come into main site cannot be conferenced with users of remote NBX's across VTL.

Example:

Each site NBX v3000 6.0.63

Caller from out side calls main site, main site user can conference other users from main site but cannot conference user from other site. When this is done original user from main site is dropped and call joins user in other site with the caller.

Any help with this is appreciated, Thanks!

Angel Sixto

Grove Networks Inc.

6 REPLIES 6
JSOLANO
Advisor

Conference and pagging needs multicast capabilities over your VPNs, and that's the main reason of failure on pagging or conference. You can use a GRE tunnel encripted with IPSEC, that'll work just fine

asixto
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your prompt reply.

These are nailed up ipsec VPNs using soniwalls. Any way to get this to with IGMP and if so how would I go about it?

asixto
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your prompt reply.

These are nailed up ipsec VPNs using soniwalls. Any way to get this to with IGMP and if so how would I go about it?

JSOLANO
Advisor

I've heard problems between NBX ip integrations using sonicwalls, and most of the time ports beeing blocked are the problem (TCP 1025,1040 UDP 2093-2096, 1040), now this is not probably the case, you should check if this device has multicast capabilities over VPN. I know for certain, devices like an X5 of 3COM is able to do it.
Luckycharms
Frequent Advisor

The assumption here is that th NBX's and phones are all working in L3 mode but I dont mean "IP on the Fly"

IPsec VPN do not support Multicast packets. You will need to create a GRE tunnel inside the VPN tunnel to allow multicast packets to work. Assuming your firewall supports GRE

Also the VPN Firewall will need to support IGMP and an IP Multicast routing protocol(PIM, DVMRP etc)

MBlank
Advisor

you need the enhanced OS on the sonicwalls then ask Sonicwall how to route multicast traffic. It can work even with Sonicwalls, since the enhanced OS anyway.

Mike Blank

LeBlanc Communications

Mike Blank

LeBlanc Communications