Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Greeting via Phone button

meldrum
Occasional Advisor

Changing Greeting via Phone button

NBX100, R4_1_77

First let me make sure I have a couple concepts correct, so tell me if I am mixed up.

The Dial Plan "Timed Entries" have do with where calls are dispatched to, not what greeting is heard by incoming calls.  The Greeting Menus in NETSET have to do with what people hear when they call in and do not effect what happens when they push a button.  Do I have this correct?

What we want is to get a different greeting during our open hours than during our closed hours.  The other difference is when they select '0' from the main menu, it should go directly to the admin's voice mail instead of ringing several time before going to voice mail.  An additional question is how to handle holiday closures.

As I understand it the greeting messages can be handled through NETSET and the business hours setting.  Is there a way to have the greeting change from the "were open " greeting to the "were closed" greeting from a phone button?  For example, a holiday means the office is closed.  What is being asked for is a way to change to the closed greeting by doing something at the phone instead of using the web interface.  This would have to override the greeting schedule in NETSET.  As I see it now the only way to handle a holiday closure is to go to NETSET and change the weekly schedule temporarily and then set it back to normal after the closure date.

Secondly in-order for the Admin person to change from ringing, to going to voice main immediately they would have to push the "forward mail" button on the phone before leaving at night.

P.S.  Does the "preview" button work on this forum

3 REPLIES
merlin_1
Super Advisor

Re: Changing Greeting via Phone button

The Dial Plan "Timed Entries" have do with where calls are dispatched to, not what greeting is heard by incoming calls.  The Greeting Menus in NETSET have to do with what people hear when they call in and do not effect what happens when they push a button.  Do I have this correct?

Dial plan entries for timed routes are routes for inbound traffic that can be sent to different destinations via a time of day schedule , of either times per a 24 hour clock or by open closed lunch other settings .

You have your choice of using either buttons on the tel for open closed lunch other , the system mode can automatically use the open closed lunch other via time in the business hours , or you can set hard routes to a certain time of day / nite for every DID that you have coming in via the dial plan entries on digital lines . Your choice ....

Secondly in-order for the Admin person to change from ringing, to going to voice main immediately they would have to push the "forward mail" button on the phone before leaving at night.

You do not state if this is a user or a main phone number coming in to an auto attendant . You can send calls direct to vmail by that method as well . I am not sure how your site is set up to answer/recieve calls  , you do not specify digital or analog lines , and there are differences on inbound calls , as to how this is set up as well .

Good Luck ....

This message was edited by merlin on 12-7-09 @ 8:50 AM
meldrum
Occasional Advisor

Thank you for your response, but still a little confused.

I understand the Dial plan entries and how they direct calls.  I also understand that the calls could be directed to different auto-attendants to get different messages.  What confuses me is the "Business Hours" in the NetSet page (System Config -> Business Identity -> Business Hours).  Do these business hours influence if the system is "open" or "closed"?  If so, then if this table disagrees with Dial Plan entries, which one wins...  the Dial plan or the business entries?  That is why I was assuming that the NetSet business hours table ONLY influences what messages are being played, and not what mode the "System" is in.  It seems like two concepts are trying to do the same thing, and I am a little confused as to their behavior.

Do the phone button (System open, closed, other..) override the dial plan entry, or the Business hours.  If they override the Dial plan entries, then how do you revert back to the Dial plan schedule, after forcing either System OPEN or System closed"

So I am still a little mixed up on these concepts and trying to sort them out in my mind.  I can imagine another model, where the dial plan entries are the default, and the Business Hours and System Open & Closed, trump (or override) the dial plan entires.

merlin_1
Super Advisor

If the system is using the system mode via the business hours page then it will look for open closed lunch other time of day values . If it is NOT using the Sysm Mode and using time of day routing ( dial plan timed routes set up in the dial plan )  , then it will look in the dial plan for a timed route and see if the times match any of the criteria set .

Buttons are only for the use of manual operation ( override if you use the system mode and business hours of the system ) . You can also use only the button values as well for a manual operationa and no times set up in the business hours page .

2 Different entities all together

This message was edited by merlin on 12-8-09 @ 10:29 AM