IP Telephony - NBX
1751907 Members
5017 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Conferencing over VTLs

regismassie

Conferencing over VTLs

Hi. I am having a weird issue on between 2 V3000 Analog phone system. When I try to conference between both (using VTLs), it simply doesn't work.

Let's put it in exemples.

3000=me

2000=remote V3000

1000=Remote V3000

514-999-8888= Local call for me going thru analog.

So I' trying to call 2000, wich works fine. Then I press Conf, 1000, and as soon as I join 1000 to the conference, I can't hear/talk, but between them ti is simply fine! So, their in conf. using the system on my side, they can talk as they want but I can't.

With the analogs, it is the same, excemp that I can ear/talk to the person on the analog (514-999-8888) but the other one (2000) can't hear or talk, but everybosy always stays connected to the call.

Any Ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
bosoxfan_1
Super Advisor

Re: Conferencing over VTLs

So, the people on the remote NBX can hear fine...

you can hear the analog line card fine on your NBX but any audio that goes over the VTL, there is nothing.

Conferencing uses multicast audio... check the router and ensure that multicast packets are enabled.

Hope this Helps !!!

merlin_1
Super Advisor

Classical issue

Your Multicast is not set up correctly . You would either need to get a data tech in or by yourself , you would need to perform some network traces to see where the Multicast is being blocked . So , when the NBX conferences a call , it switches from UDP to multicast . On your network you are blocking Multicast traffic .

regismassie

I am using isa 2004... Multicast isn't really supported... Ok, I'll try some stuff to get around it. You know wich ports it uses?

merlin_1
Super Advisor

The NBX uses 2093 2094 2095 and 2096 UDP ports

You may wish to consult or open a case up on the product that you have and see if someone can give you a hand setting up Multicast on your layer 2 switches and Layer 3 routers .

This message was edited by merlin on 2-24-09 @ 11:49 AM
regismassie

On the layer 2, no problems... The problem is between our 2 isa 2004 servers... I realised that Multicast wasn't an option in isa2004... Do you guys have a solid always working site-to-site gateway setup to propose? I like isa, but this is really a pain in tha butt!!