1748279 Members
4085 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DCA and Windows Server2003

abramenko
Occasional Advisor

DCA and Windows Server2003

Having a strange issue. We have about 75 users in a call center all using DCA with windows built in dialer. All running xp pro sp3. Everything works great. We are going to go to terminal server for all our users to save on resources and hardware. Well DCA doesn't work in a multiuser enviornment, so we are looking into the telephone service on windows 2003. I installed the tsp for windows server, and went into configure it. Added a few extentions to test out with. Then when I install dca on a new computer, it askes if I want tsp installed. I tell it no becasue I am using the remote one. After installation I go into the settings and point it the server and select my ext. Thats when the problem occurs. When dialer is open, and I recieve a call on any of the test extentions, it pops up an incoming call on all computers that are registered with the tsp server. Same with if I pick up my receiver manually, a box pops up on all comps telling me it is getting ready to dial. Is there a way around this. I don't want to have 75 boxes popping up on our call center user's computers when someone else picks up an ext.

5 REPLIES 5
bosoxfan_1
Super Advisor

Re: DCA and Windows Server2003

Try this Microsoft KB.. it talks about assigning a line to a user.

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 259375

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q259375

abramenko
Occasional Advisor

That was the first thing I tried, but still not working.

merlin_1
Super Advisor

TSP needs to be set up on all users and pointed to the tapi server .

Then from the tapi server , one connection to the NBX .

Test by using a connection form the dca user to the NBX and see if it works .....

If not then it is in the TSP server . Pls check our Knowledgebase for docs and info as to how to set this up !

bosoxfan_1
Super Advisor

question: after you assigned the lines to a user on the server, did you reboot the server??? I know it has to be rebooted.. just checking.

abramenko
Occasional Advisor

Ok here is what I have done: I uninstalled tsp from server and restarted. I unistalled from the clients as well. Restarted client pc's. Then I reinstalled tsp on server. Restarted. Added 3 lines, restarted. Assigned users, restarted. Went to client pc's and ran tcmsetup /c w3cascom01 to register with the server. Restarted clients. And here is the results. I have 3 ext's that I added to the server: Mine 241, co-worker 174, and another co-worker 108. When I pick up my phone, I get a window poping up saying waiting for answer. I get that window on all three calls, reguardless of the fact that I have set the users, and on the client pc's I have set the drop down list to the proper ext. That wouldn't be to bad, but thats not all, whenever anyone on the nbx gets and incoming call, I have the windows popping up letting me know.