1753307 Members
6405 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DTMF's not registering

dig1234
Advisor

DTMF's not registering

I am getting intermittent reports from callers that thier pushing buttons on the main menu and it's not registering. Any suggestions, we have analog line cards on a v3000.

2 REPLIES 2
merlin_1
Super Advisor

Re: DTMF's not registering

DTMF is a very difficult issue to find . Most times we see that the originating device , cell phone mostly , or  other type . If the lines are analog then on the NBX side you can take a test set and go into the RJ11 jack and listen to the tones produced and make sure you hear no issues .  On digital , it is tougher but you can route your call to say an ata or an atc port , and dial digits . That should be enough to find the source of the issue by checking your dtmf inbound . VERY important to make sure that the correct digit sound s( Frequencies )  are being received . Occassionaly I hear issues with the AA , but they mostly end up being the devices on the outside . We listen for standard DTMF just like any other system on the market today .

This message was edited by merlin on 1-26-10 @ 7:52 AM
dig1234
Advisor

Re: DTMF's not registering

Specificly the issue is that the AA does not respond to tones pressed by users when they call in through the analog line cards. User reports indicate they are using regular POTS to dial in.

(I once had a user with voip complain and it turned out to be the voip provider..)

This message was edited by dig1234 on 1-26-10 @ 11:31 AM