1753695 Members
6052 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Dial Plan Route Help

JacksonW3
Advisor

Dial Plan Route Help

The goal is to create a timed route that during business hours calls route to a hunt group (4000), when the business is closed calls route to an outside number.  Calls route properly to the hunt group but something is missing because it is not routing to the outside number when closed or forced closed.  Dial Plan attached, appreciate your thoughts.  

7 REPLIES 7
meyery2k
Occasional Visitor

Re: Dial Plan Route Help

Since you are using *0002 assuming T1 or PRI.  Have you tried statusing the SPAN after a failed attempt to see what is being dialed.  Also you might need to have 1866XXXXXXX (not sure if this is a 10 digit dialing site).  Make sure Trunk to Trunk is enabled in the Super User COS.  I think by default trunk to trunk is locked down due to potential abuse.

JacksonW3
Advisor

Trunk to trunk is enabled Super User COS. Tried various including 1866 & 866. With 1866 & 866 incoming calls ring busy and shows:

8 To PSTN 866xxxxxxx 949xxxxxxx 7273 1 : UNASSIGNED_NUMBER

1 From PSTN 4439 949xxxxxxx 4439 0 : NO_DIAG

8 To PSTN 1866xxxxxxx 949xxxxxxx 7273 1 : UNASSIGNED_NUMBER

1 From PSTN 4439 949xxxxxxx 4439 0 : NO_DIAG

8 To PSTN 1866xxxxxxx 949xxxxxxx 7273 1 : UNASSIGNED_NUMBER

I added the x's.

We took over this PRI and when first connected we could receive calls but busy/not connect on outgoing. The carrier needed to see more digits and I had not configured outgoing CID at that point.  Once I added digits outgoing worked.

If *0002 is changed to *0001 call go to the hunt group mailbox which has to be fine for now.  Will be onsite tomorrow and will contact the carrier to check what they see on their end.

Thanks for the imput.  

JacksonW3
Advisor

One more item.  When an extension is programmed to call forwarding to an outside number that does not complete either.

meyery2k
Occasional Visitor

We had a similar problem with a TW circuit.  Turned out we had to send an "allowed" Caller ID before they would forward the call.   They had recently implemented this rule.   Maybe that is the key here.

JacksonW3
Advisor

Hope that is it. Will know tomorrow.  Also i recall there is a way to change the caller id on trunk to trunk calls from the callers cid to the systems.  Do you know where that setting is?

meyery2k
Occasional Visitor

Country Settings -> Regional Settings.  Select the "Advanced Regional Settings" Tab.  Sorry I don't remember if a reboot is needed.  Hopefully this is the fix.  Carriers are sure getting strict about Outgoing Caller ID.    The site I have is running 6.0 code.  If your code is lower you need to modify the Nboss.cfg file (from 4.4 to 6.0)  I found a post that covers how to do this.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/NBX/Caller-ID-on-transfered-Calls/td-p/2313420

If the link does not work do a search for "Caller ID on transferred calls"

Mike

JacksonW3
Advisor

Provider issue. Without making any changes I made an outbound call to the main # and it routed  as designed which confirmed that it was the provider not allowing the call because the system was passing through the outbound caller id.  Site is running 5.0 code and the setting is available under the Regional tab.  Helped with the call forward did not with the hunt group.  Will have to play with that.  Thanks for the insight.