1753672 Members
5493 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Directory update

jeadavis
Advisor

Directory update

I have a V3000 on 6_0_63 software and IP on the fly.  I have a group of phones in one building, layer 3 phones, that are not getting a directory update.  Everything else with the phone is working properly (buttons, lights, audio, time.....) it is just the directory that is not updating.  I have other buildings that using IP phones with no issues.

Any suggections to look for?

6 REPLIES 6
merlin_1
Super Advisor

What version of code ?

Are you saying the whole directory or just updates that you just made ?

jeadavis
Advisor

6_0_63 and updates.

jeadavis
Advisor

6_0_27 on the phones. 

When these phones are brought to another building it gts the updated directory just fine.  Is there a port setting that only allows directory updates but does not affect multicasting?  The reason I ask is because the directory update is the only thing that does not work properly.

merlin_1
Super Advisor

Should be using the standard ports  

2093 2094 2095 and 2096 UDP

1040 TCP

80 Browser / http

We had an issue a while ago that sometimes after you made some changes to the directory , it did not update right away . You had to reboot and the system would then send the correct info . This is not the same as it is interesting that only a certain group of tels are experiencing the issue and not ALL telephones .

what type fo tels ? 3102 2102 ? Are the same all thruout your company or are there different tels ?

6063 nbx / 6027 phone code is ok .

Simple question but have you rebooted the tels ? If they are up and working , Time and date , etc ,  then the tels are talking to the NBX and all ports should be open .

This message was edited by merlin on 2-25-10 @ 9:06 AM
jeadavis
Advisor

all phones are 3102B.  The phones that are having the issue were brought from the problem location to another building and work properly.

merlin_1
Super Advisor

VERY interesting as it suggests network but I am not sure . I am thinking maybe a trace would be able to see why the update is not taking place . what is different on this side of the network than on the other ? Anything  obvious ? Also , maybe reboot the router and switches on the subnet , and the NBX .

This message was edited by merlin on 2-25-10 @ 1:22 PM