spiro514
Occasional Advisor

Disabling Auto Relocate

how can this be accomplished
14 REPLIES 14
merlin_1
Super Advisor

Re: Disabling Auto Relocate

The tel will reboot to the settings that the tel booted up and discovered . Are you saying that you want to change the extension on the tel ?

spiro514
Occasional Advisor

Yes, The user wants to change phones, but not extensions.
merlin_1
Super Advisor

Change the extension in user settings from the current mac address to the new one . Very simple to do . You can boot up the tel then change the extension number after the tel is up and running and it takes effect immediately .

Go to netset tab to it / user settings and select the current extension . Make sure to write down the current mac address on the tels old and the new one . Disassociate the current tel from its mac ( set it to none ) then do the same on the other tel . Once done , then re assign the extension numbers to the correct mac address .

spiro514
Occasional Advisor

The trouble I have is "setting it to none." How do I disassociate the extension from the MAC?

I greatly appreciate your help here.

merlin_1
Super Advisor

User Config/users / select your user and it will bring you to a screen that shows the info I described . Check none on the box and it will seperate the user form the tel . Follow the steps outlined previously and re associate the user(s) to the correct telephone mac address . The Mac address will start with 00:e0:0bb and will be on the bottom of the tel . After you select none , the user will have no tel associated with it . Find the mac address of the tel you wish to change and back up one screen and select that user and associate it with the correct Mac address . This is tying the user with the Mac address ( telephone )

This message was edited by merlin on 3-5-09 @ 12:33 PM
spiro514
Occasional Advisor

I guess the trouble is I do not see the "none" selection. Is it possible this is something blocked to the "administrator" user?

I have Add, Modify, Remove, and User Settings as choices. If I choose remove, it will remove their mailbox as well (I think) Is this the way to do it?

merlin_1
Super Advisor

What version of code ?

spiro514
Occasional Advisor

R5_0_31

merlin_1
Super Advisor

go to the user tab select the user to modify first , and select modify .

This message was edited by merlin on 3-5-09 @ 2:36 PM