1753784 Members
7225 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Disk check in progress:

fr33fall_1
Advisor

Disk check in progress:

I have a V3000 that locked up and had to reboot via power cycle.  It has been over 12 hours and the CLI prompt still says "Disk check in progress:".  Is there a way to stop this so i can purge the database and restore from a backup?

7 REPLIES 7
merlin_1
Super Advisor

Re: Disk check in progress:

I have yet to see a site stay on phase 2 for that amount of time . How many tels ? What version of code ? Lots of voicemails ? Recordings ?

Before removing the power and rebooting again , the larger ( and this has to be very large ) the db the longer this disk check will take . 12 hours is a very long time to do this .

fr33fall_1
Advisor

That is the crazy thing.  This is a unit we used for training and testing, so it has hardly any database on it.  It appears stuck in the mode, but I do not know how to stop it to purge the database.

bosoxfan_1
Super Advisor

try a control-c.. sometimes I have had luck with that. It depends on where it is in the disk check

fr33fall_1
Advisor

It is asking for the VXWorks logion and password.  I tried the NBX admin login and that did not work.  Is there a special login for this prompt?

merlin_1
Super Advisor

it snot booting up all the way .

try a reboot lie I said earlier . Unplug and watch the boot process . If it keeps doing the same thing then the hard drive is gone ....

This message was edited by merlin on 11-19-09 @ 11:36 AM
fr33fall_1
Advisor

I did watch it and it never went out of Disk Check after 12 hours.  The HD must be toast.

JimC_1
Advisor

Sorry about the time delay. I just found your thread while looking for something else.

This is a known issue from back in the NBX 100 series that only occurs on Demo or Test systems.

You can find everything you need in the KB under

Subject: NBX - Purging databases

Solution ID - 2.0.61264210.3059455

Typically a drive will resolve the issue until it builds up again.

The KB tells you how to fix the drive and avoid the issue.

Good luck