6198 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Error code

Gabor
Occasional Advisor

Error code

Hi,

Some of my phones has an error code: 0x3018. Restart does not resolve th problem. What does it mean?

(V3000, 6.5.22)

Thx!

14 REPLIES 14
merlin215
Valued Contributor

Re: Error code

Good Morning

What is occurring ?

Are the tels not booting ?

Not connecting ?

A blank error code like that needs a little more information for a problem description .  we have a list of them but they cojuld be associated with known issues or other error codes / problems

If you could please tell us what the situation is along with any other helpful info and we may be able to assist !

Thanks Gabor

Gabor
Occasional Advisor

Hello Merlin!

The affected phones are members of pickup groups. Phones work fine, but in some cases the pick up is unsuccesful, the contact is lost. The original dialed phones are affected with the error code. (nbx works in sip mode)

Thank You!

merlin215
Valued Contributor

So all tels work ok , its just that when you use call pick up

when you initiate call pick up , the caller never gets connected or the call drops ?

Say I am sitting at my desk and my neighbors tel rings and I push a button or dial feature and a code ?

bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

3018 equates to "IPC_WRITE_MSG_Q_FULL "... so something is filling the message queue on the phone. This is an internal queue. .what kind of phones???

Gabor
Occasional Advisor

when you initiate call pick up , the caller never gets connected or the call drops ? - never connected

Say I am sitting at my desk and my neighbors tel rings and I push a button or dial feature and a code ? -push a precobfigured button

Gabor
Occasional Advisor

3101 Basic speaker and 3102 phones
merlin215
Valued Contributor

Hmmm ..

How long ago did this start occurring ?

Maybe a reboot wil clear the issue , and see if it comes back ? Have not heard that one before .

You can also try to  use another call Pick up group and see if that works . The more I think about this , also , check your groups and members and make sure they are set up correctly as well , IE : all tels in correct groups , You can even add in ALL devices for a test and then sort them later if it work s.

bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

The only way to get to the bottom of this is a network trace of the event from the phone.. the problem as you stated is that it is not the same phone all the time!..

When you say a "restart" does not solve the problem, you mean a restart of the phone? how about

a hard reboot of the phone? unplugging and plugging in again

Gabor
Occasional Advisor

Ok, testing...