1754021 Members
7288 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Error in the TAPI log

rgelb
Occasional Advisor

Error in the TAPI log

Hello, I have an application that relies on the NBXTSP TAPI driver (v. 6.0.10).  The driver is running against an NBX V3000 Analog (v 6.0.63).  All this runs on Windows 2003 R2 23-bit (Service Pack 2).

My app runs perfectly fine for months at a time. However, every now and then, TAPI will become confused (I can't really find a better word) and as a result my app will crash.  I dug into the NBXTSP logs (located at C:\Program Files\3Com\NBX\NBX TSP\logs) and found the following errors:

0706:011213 NBXTSP E T049C  **** GetPhoneExtension(): Extension is not found under key (null)!                                               

0706:011213 NBXTSP L T0924  TSPI_lineGetExtensionID() invoked (returning 0)                                                                  

0706:011213 NBXTSP L T049C  TSPI_lineGetDevCaps() invoked ### device 7                                                                       

0706:011213 NBXTSP E T049C  **** GetPhoneExtension(): Extension is not found under key (null)!                                      

0706:011213 NBXTSP L T049C  TSPI_lineGetDevCaps() invoked ### device 8                                                                       

Once the log starts showing the Extension is not found under key (null) errors, the system cannot be used until the box is rebooted.

Can someone please shed some light as to what this error means, what I can do to avoid it and how can I detect it from my app (if it cannot be avoided)? 

Best regards

Robert

7 REPLIES 7
rgelb
Occasional Advisor

I am using my own app that I wrote.  I am simply using the NBX TAPI driver in my app to see what's going on in the system and facilitate things like transfers and so forth.

You mentioned that I can open a bug with you guys.  Could you point me to a link?  I actually found a bunch of bugs with the TAPI driver, but worked around most of them.

rgelb
Occasional Advisor

Hello, I have an application that relies on the NBXTSP TAPI driver (v. 6.0.10).  The driver is running against an NBX V3000 Analog (v 6.0.63).  All this runs on Windows 2003 R2 23-bit (Service Pack 2).

My app runs perfectly fine for months at a time. However, every now and then, TAPI will become confused (I can't really find a better word) and as a result my app will crash.  I dug into the NBXTSP logs (located at C:\Program Files\3Com\NBX\NBX TSP\logs) and found the following errors:

0706:011213 NBXTSP L T049C  TSPI_lineGetDevCaps() invoked ### device 7                                                                       

0706:011213 NBXTSP L T049C  TSPI_lineGetDevCaps() invoked ### device 8                                                                       

Once the log starts showing the Extension is not found under key (null) errors, the system cannot be used until the box is rebooted.

Can someone please shed some light as to what this error means, what I can do to avoid it and how can I detect it from my app (if it cannot be avoided)? 

Best regards

Robert

bosoxfan_1
Super Advisor

It sounds like some extension is trying to talk tapi to the pc, but is not registered.

check the extensions in the Control Panel/Phone and Modem options/nbx TSP and make

sure all the extensions are there

rgelb
Occasional Advisor

Since this error only happens once in a long while (so far happened 2 times in 14 months), the customer simply reboots the PC and everything is back to normal.  They typically can't wait for me to wake up (i am on the wrong coast) and deal with their issue, because it's a 24x7 operation and they can't afford to be down for long. Thus, at the time the problem occurs it's impossible for me to see whether all extensions are in the ControlPanel/PhoneAndModemOptions list.

Are you saying that this problem is replicatable?  In other words, all I have to do is to remove a previously registered extension from the ControlPanel/PhoneAndModemOptions list and I'll get the same error?

Or by "register", do you mean, registering the extensions with the NBX web interface?

Any suggestions on what to do to further troubleshoot this issue would be very welcome.

rgelb
Occasional Advisor

Anyone have any ideas where I should go next troubleshooting this issue?

merlin_1
Super Advisor

Do you have a contract with us ?

1800 876-3266 is our direct number .

rgelb
Occasional Advisor

I do not have a contract.  I did speak to folks at this number, and will probably use it on a one time basis.  I think the price was quoted as $675 iirc.  

But it seems like I can't file a bug unless I have a contract.  I am just a contractor for a company that owns one of these NBX v3000 puppies, trying to help them out.  

It's doubtful they'll be buying any contracts.