IP Telephony - NBX
1752778 Members
6328 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Full Mailbox gives invalid extension for operator

viyusky

Full Mailbox gives invalid extension for operator

I have a customer with a NBX V3000 solution and they recently had an interesting issue that I was wondering if anyone here had more information on.

When a caller reaches a voicemail box they have two operator options, 0 to reach the local operator line or 9 to reach the directory. This is working normally for all users.

Recently a user's voicemail box became full, and when this happened dialing 9 still took the caller to the directory but dialing 0 resulted in a message of “You have entered an invalid extension†and replayed the message to dial 0 or 9.

The mailbox has since been emptied and the problem is no longer occurring. I checked the configuration and could find nothing wrong, as evidenced by the feature working when a mailbox is not full.

Any ideas, or is this a known issue and the solution is just to keep the mailboxes from filling up?

8 REPLIES 8
merlin_1
Super Advisor

What version of code ?

How many tels ?

PRI or Analog lines ?

Any special routing ? AA sending calls to a different location first then to a mailbox  ?

viyusky

Software Version: R6_0_44

15 Phones

Single PRI

The problem occurs with all types of call routing, direct DID-no answer-Voicemail, AA-Voicemail, Internal caller-User Extension (no answer) Voicemail. No matter which route you take to get to voicemail, the system operator option won't work when the mailbox is full. However dialing the extension directly works, ie System Operator is 4001, dialing 0 plays invalid extension message but dialing 4001 works.

merlin_1
Super Advisor

Very interesting ....

I'll run a test either today or tomorrow am and let you know ....

bosoxfan_1
Super Advisor

hi. In your latest  mail you stated "However dialing the extension directly works, ie System Operator is 4001, dialing 0 plays invalid extension message but dialing 4001 works."

If you dial 0 directly from a phone, you get "invalid message".. this would mean a dialplan issue.. check your dialplan, Table 1, and see what the route is. .by default, NBX has it going to route 4 which maps to extension list *0004.. then check what is inwould want your operators phone in there (or if you want the operator to be an AA or hunt group, you put that in there)

Hope this helps !!!

This message was edited by bosoxfan on 12-4-09 @ 9:50 AM
viyusky

Not a dialplan issue, and you are thinking of the wrong operator. You can configure two 'operators' within voicemail, a system operator and a personal operator. These can be assigned to either 0 or 9. Dialing 0 from a user's phone works fine, and is in no way related to the problem.

viyusky

Merlin, have you had any success in recreating this problem? I really appreciate any help you can offer with this.

merlin_1
Super Advisor

How do you have zero option programmed ?

is it an att group or just someones extension ?

viyusky

It is a user's extension