5520 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Gateway Chassis and call routing

DataSource
Advisor

Gateway Chassis and call routing

Hello,

I have 2 sites being servied by a single NBX 100 system across a point to point connection. If I have a PRI card in the NBX 100 system and an analog gateway chassis on the network on the other side of teh point to point would it be possible to have 3 groups of phones that 1) All LD calls go out the chassis, 2) Central site local calls go out the PRI and 3) Remote site local calls go out the gateway chassis

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
merlin_1
Super Advisor

would it be possible to have 3 groups of phones that 1) All LD calls go out the chassis, 2) Central site local calls go out the PRI and 3) Remote site local calls go out the gateway chassis

Yes it would

It would require knowledge of the tels , routes , and what equipment is wher e. Onc ethis is known , build your dial plan to send out the calls to a new route for say Layer 2 tels , a new route for Layer 3 roouting calls , This would require a new table 1 for the local tels and a table 4 for the remote tels sending all 91 calls to the lcoal PRI and then send the other calls per your routing requirements . I would suggest you open a case or ask someone for some assistnac eon this as it is a bit tough to set up for someone with no dial plan experience .

DataSource
Advisor

Thanks Merlin. The requirements have changed a bit since I posted. All calls will now go out the PRI at the central site. We only need a single analog line at the remote site. 911 calls from the remote site would go out on this analog line in order to report the correct address.

Is there any device that would allow a single analog line to be conencted and used or would we be stuck buying a gateway chassis with an analog card all just for this one line?

Thanks in advance!

bosoxfan_1
Super Advisor

hi. Sorry, there is no single port stand alone analog line card (like the stand alone analog terminal card)

You need to buy a chassis and the alc card.

alexb_1
Advisor

On a PRI service you are able to configure the dial plan to push out different ANI based on the source extension so you can avoid having the remote expansion unit.