IP Telephony - NBX
1752796 Members
5860 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to change the dial out number on a V3000

ggonzalez34

How to change the dial out number on a V3000

I need to change the dial out number from '9' to '8', I go to System Configuration then to the system-wide tab and change the External Prefix to 8 and reboot the system. When I do this and try to dial out '9' still works and '8' does not. Am I missing a setting or settings somewhere else?

5 REPLIES 5
merlin_1
Super Advisor

Check your dial plan and make sure that the 8 is listed as valid digit on outdialing ( 8 is set to go to route 8 as a default and to ext list 0008 . Make sure your trunks are in this 0008 trunk group ( ext list - same thing ) .

Also do a dial plan test form a tel and read te results as this will help in your diag as well .

bosoxfan_1
Super Advisor

go to Dialplan/Configure.. then click on the "Set Outdial Prefixes" tab... change the PRI group or analog line outdials there

ggonzalez34

So if ext list 1-6 and eight are bing used can I just use 7 sense there is no ext list 7. How is 9 tied to a trunk there is not a ext list? Also do I have to change the Prefix1 and Prefix2 under Dial Plan>Configure Outdialing Prefixes?

By the way thanks for the help they just threw this on me and tring to learn the system.

merlin_1
Super Advisor

digit 8 by default is assigned to route 8 which is assigned to ext list *0008 .

You can change these but I would not change the default list yet as there is no reason to .

bosoxfan_1
Super Advisor

if all you want to do is change the outdial prefix, then you should do the steps i listed. that should take care of it

go to Dialplan/Configure.. then click on the "Set Outdial Prefixes" tab... change the PRI group or analog line outdials there