1753665 Members
5760 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to delete a Telephone/User in VxWorks Shell

mbarnett112477
Frequent Advisor

How to delete a Telephone/User in VxWorks Shell

V3001. Extension 3000 is corrupt, there is no device associated with it. When I try to remove it from NetSet my system freezes everytime. This doesnt happen when removing other extensions. Does anyone know the full string of commands to remove this from teh VxWorks Shell?

Michael J Barnett

Telecom/Network Manager

Influent Inc

Dublin Oh 43017
Michael J Barnett

Telecom/Network Manager

Influent Inc

Dublin Oh 43017
5 REPLIES 5
merlin_1
Super Advisor

Re: How to delete a Telephone/User in VxWorks Shell

If you have a back up prior to this issue occuring :

restore a back up db to the system

If not then try this :

back up your db , then purge out the db . Restore the back up you made and see if it removes the device . It may not but sometimes it removes the corruption and it may allow you to remove the device .

Otherwise the db is corrupt and the quckest way is to rebuild the db .

Don't know how big it is or the detaisl of whats in it but that should not occur .

Also , not sure what your system is set up for :

R6.5.22 cod e

T1 or PRI ?

Analog lines ?

How many tels ?

How many vmail ports ?

heavy vmail users ?

mbarnett112477
Frequent Advisor

Yes I have a backup before thisissue bagan but its 32 months old, right after the upgrade tp 6_5_22. I do not run in SIP mode (DOenst work very well on NBX and its not worth replacing 1102 phones).

I use a T1 card, Rev D for an ISDN PRI. There are 60 Telephones, over 110 device count, 13 VTLs, 4 Vmail ports, 4 Auto Attendants and so on. There has to be a way to remove a phone from teh shell. Im sure I can find it online but wanted to ask here? Is 3Com hesitant about giving out commands for VxWorks?

SInce I have so many ystem a support contract would be nice. I have supported them all from day one with little help. If anyone knows how to remove this ext please let me know. There is no device associated, just an extension.

Michael J Barnett

Telecom/Network Manager

Influent Inc

Dublin Oh 43017
Michael J Barnett

Telecom/Network Manager

Influent Inc

Dublin Oh 43017
merlin_1
Super Advisor

Unfortunately there is no way to remove a user as you suggest if its corrupted . VXworks uses the same methiod of removing a user that the removal process does as its just a url link to the delete process , hence my suggestion to try working the db first . Corruption usually is sent to one of our engineerring groups if it cannot be fixed . Our procedure is to open a case and work with someone . Then if we cannot resolve then to send it to our engineering grouip after we attempt resolution her e. what you describe is a form of corruption .

mbarnett112477
Frequent Advisor

My concern with impoting a current backup is that the system will not accept teh file at all and wipe it and start new. I cant afford that. Plus the older back up (better than starting from scratch) is missing so many new changes and auto attendants plus users it would take a long time to repair it.

Are tehre any other options? Is there anyway to alter the back up file and remove said user. Can I export the user database in a cvs file, strip out the ext 3000 and reimport it.

Michael J Barnett

Telecom/Network Manager

Influent Inc

Dublin Oh 43017
Michael J Barnett

Telecom/Network Manager

Influent Inc

Dublin Oh 43017
merlin_1
Super Advisor

Unless purging the db and re installing it like suggested , the tel ext will continue to get " stuck  " in the db . I am not aware of any other way .