IP Telephony - NBX
1752794 Members
5971 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to downgrade 3102 telephone software?

Tomt1999
Occasional Contributor

How to downgrade 3102 telephone software?

Got some 3102 telephones where version 6 software on them. Also have a NBX system with version 4 software on it. Can I downgrade the telephones software to version 4 (specifically 4.0.3)? If so, how?

Thanks,

Tom

9 REPLIES 9
merlin215
Valued Contributor

No need to . All you have to do is rediscover them on the 4.x system . Sometimes You may have an issue trying to rediscover so go into the program menu on the NBZX tel and default the tel back to factory settings . when the tel boots up it will autmaticlaly know what code to download fro the NBX .
Tomt1999
Occasional Contributor

Hmmm... thanks for the reply.

Where is the program menu on the telephone? I have reset the EEprom - is that it? Is it the menu that needs a password? What's the password??

When the telephone is plugged in, it says 'Contacting NCP' then 'Waiting for DHCO server... Attempting Layer 3 Discovery'. IT goes back and forth between these two message endlessly.

Thanks!

Tom

merlin215
Valued Contributor

Resetting the eeprom is what you need to do Then reboot the tel and you should be ok to go via auto discovery . Mkae sure its on in netset / tab to it as well
merlin215
Valued Contributor

A 3102 tel runing NBX Code will : 1. Boot up and arp out at layer2 for an NCP . If it gets an answer , then it continues on with the discovery process If it does nto get an answer , It will revert to looking for a DHCP server in the layer 2 subnet with Option 184 . If it does nto get an answer , then it will use the static IP settings in the tel that cna be manually added . If all of the above fail , then the plus sign will spin and say waiting for NCP . What you describe is all normal as it cannot boot to layer 2 , maybe the other code is preventing it form happening and it does not know any layer 3 info . After you reset to defaults the tel will arp out on factory code , then after connecting , upgrade to whatever code the NCP is running and reboot the device after downlaoding it .
Tomt1999
Occasional Contributor

Ack! Still cannot reset phone to factory defaults! I have cleared the EEprom, but cannot tell if that did anything. The address locs still seem to have different data in them.

merlin215
Valued Contributor

Not sure why it is not discovering as this will set the tel back to defaults . Where did you get the tel from ? was it attached to a VCX before ? As long as auto discovery is on and you have enough licenses , You should be all set .
bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

First support for the 3102 phone is in the 4.2.x code on the NBX... and that is for the "A" phones.
THe 3102B phones are supported in 5.0.31
Tomt1999
Occasional Contributor

Ah... I think my phones may be the 'B' model! On the bottom, it reads:

3102 3C10402B

So, are they B's ?

Tom

bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

yes, they are "B" phones.. first support for "B" phones was in 5.0.31.

if you put in your URL  Ip_address of NBX/htfso/NBossLog.txt... you should see in the NBossLog.txt,

a lot of "unknown hardware revision".. which is the NBX trying to discover the phone but does not recognize the hardware because you are on 4.x.