1753947 Members
7491 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to set up an ATA 3C10400B to down load from a

SBeatty_1
Occasional Contributor

How to set up an ATA 3C10400B to down load from a

I need to set up an ATA to down load its image from a remote NBX. I have the console running and need to have discover in my office from a remote NBX.

2 REPLIES 2
JimC_1
Advisor

To the best of my knowledge, the only way is to connect it to the network local to the NBX, assign it a static IP address, gateway, etc. for the remote office it will be at, and then sending it to the remote office for install.

In the last five years or so I have never gotten anything else to work on any of the ATAs.

I hope someone else has another option for you.

Jim

merlin_1
Super Advisor

The ATA works as a layer 2 devic e. when it  boots up , it arps out looking for an answer form an NCP . when it attaches to an NCP , it automatically obtains a code after it determines form the NBX what the latest code is .

Layer 3 works the same but slightly different . An IP address is assigned and the card automatically attaches to the NCP at Layer 3 and does the same thing by looking up the code and making sure it is the latest .

Not sure I understand your question . Why are you looking for a code upgrade ? Is there an issue of the ATA not connecting ?

This message was edited by merlin on 3-15-10 @ 8:24 AM