1752806 Members
5893 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Hunt Group Show Members Only

fr33fall_1
Advisor

Hunt Group Show Members Only

I have a customer that tried editing a hunt group then when he clicked on "Show All" to add a member and it did not show all the extensions.  s this a know bug?

10 REPLIES 10
jprichard
Advisor

I don't know if 3Com knows of this bug, but I do.

The temporary fix, is to delete ALL the current members of the Hunt Group (must log them off first, of course) then add back in all the existing members of the Hunt Group, PLUS the new ones the customer wants to add!!

Have seen this with R6.0.x releases...don't know if R6.5.x resolves the issue, but it has so many of its own bugs I'm not going there!

-Jim

fr33fall_1
Advisor

Thank you.  We made a new hunt group and copied the settings but your way is much quicker.

merlin_1
Super Advisor

I have not heard of that one ....

Can you replicate this every time you modify a hunt group ?

jprichard
Advisor

I haven't done enough scientific testing, to see exactly which releases this happens on, so don't know if it can be reproduced across the board (there are some releases that adding Show All members works just fine) but in those affected releases, yes, happens the same every time, to my recollection.

bosoxfan_1
Super Advisor

Curious if this could be a browser issue.. we have seen some other strange stuff. What browser and version are you using? NBX supports IE 7.0 (not 8.0) and Firefox.

jprichard
Advisor

BTW, was just working with a customer this evening who is running R6.5.18, and still had the 'Show All' (or lack thereof) issue...so it's not resolved as of R6.5.18 (unless it's just a browser issue)

I wish I had re-read this thread before I left the site-- we were using IE as a browser, but I didn't check which version.

merlin_1
Super Advisor

it would be wisely suggested to upgrade to R6.5.22 and retest any issue s.

jprichard
Advisor

Update-- seems to be another issue with the browser.  I tested it with 3 systems, R6.0.49, R6.0.63, and R6.5.20

All seemed to behave when using Firefox.

If any  of them didn't properly display the extensions when 'Show All' was pressed, (in Internet Explorer browser), I just changed the browser (IE 8) to 'Compatibility Mode' (using the icon to the right of the address bar...looks like a broken page) and with Compatibility Mode enabled, Show All displays correctly.

merlin_1
Super Advisor

Remember tat the NBX only supports 6.0 browser and I believe some firefox but please consult the release notes for the version you are running  !