cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP on the fly

mswann60_1
Advisor

IP on the fly

Hoping someone can shed some light on what network protocol to use under the NBX V3000 IP Settings menu option.  Under the System Wide Settings > IP Settings and the Network Protocol option there are three choices.  They are Ethernet Only, Standard IP, and IP-on-the-fly.  I am unclear the difference between these options and would appreciate anyone who could provide some information.  The main issue that I am having is with remote softphone connectivity.  I am able to connect the softphone locally on the network without any trouble.  However when trying to access remotely after confirming the proper ports are forwarded, the default gateway is set correctly, etc. I am not able to access from a remote location.  I would like to confirm the correct Network Protocol is being used on the NBX so any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Jason Small on behalf of Mike Swann

1 REPLY
merlin215
Valued Contributor

Re: IP on the fly

Hoping someone can shed some light on what network protocol to use under the NBX V3000 IP Settings menu option.  Under the System Wide Settings > IP Settings and the Network Protocol option there are three choices.  They are Ethernet Only, Standard IP, and IP-on-the-fly.  I am unclear the difference between these options and would appreciate anyone who could provide some information.  The main issue that I am having is with remote softphone connectivity.  I am able to connect the softphone locally on the network without any trouble.  However when trying to access remotely after confirming the proper ports are forwarded, the default gateway is set correctly, etc. I am not able to access from a remote location.  I would like to confirm the correct Network Protocol is being used on the NBX so any help is appreciated.

ethernet only = layer 2 tels only

IP On The Fly = DHCP type of IP distribution for the tels

Standard IP = Static addrersses MUST be assigned to EVERY tel

The NBX acts like a DHCP server for the tels only . Any layer 2 tel will get an IP address from the NBX when another ( remote tel outside of the NBX Subnet ) tel attempts to contact the NBX .  You must add in a range of IP addresses to the NBX .

Standard IP  Commonly used in SIP mode but can be used in place of IP On The Fly . However , EVERY NBX Device MUST have a static IP address assigned to it in the layer 2 subnet . So any new tel will need to have an IP addrss assigned at installation .

Most comon is IP On The Fly as once set up , no maintainance .

However when trying to access remotely after confirming the proper ports are forwarded, the default gateway is set correctly, etc. I am not able to access from a remote location.  I would like to confirm the correct Network Protocol is being used on the NBX so any help is appreciated.

Not sure what the issue is . Soft phone will not connec tto the NBX ?

Got enough licenses ?

Auto discover on or off for tels ?

2093 2094 2095 and 20-96 ports are used for the NBX

Also 1040 and 80  browser ....

Mostly the UDP ports listed above for proper tel configuration .