1752803 Members
5204 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Inbound Call Delay

mbarnett112477
Frequent Advisor

Inbound Call Delay

I am the Admin for several V300 and V3001 units. The main office V3001 (had the same issue on the old V3000) running 6_5_22 non SIP mode experiences severe voice delay from some outside callers. I assume the issue is related to Cell Phone Providers but need to know if I am missing something.

The CEO gets very upset when he dials the main number from his cell, gets the auto attendant, presses 0 and when the front desk picks up there is no audion from 3-5 seconds. I have changed the phone at the front desk several times. Is there something wrong with the NBX> The Auto Attendant can be heard clearly but when 0 is pressed and the girl at teh front answers the CEO cant hear the front desk speaking.

I use an ISDN PRI and it works fine on all otehr calls. Any ideas?

Michael J Barnett

Telecom/Network Manager

Influent Inc

Dublin Oh 43017
Michael J Barnett

Telecom/Network Manager

Influent Inc

Dublin Oh 43017
2 REPLIES 2
merlin_1
Super Advisor

NBX Audio is a stream that uses an NBX protocol in NBX mode and uses RTP ( Standardr SIP Audio Real Time Protocol ) in NBX SIP mode .

I would suggest that you open a case with us as a Network trace would be the quickest way to find the issue .

Mostly network or slow call processors  cause this type of issue , but it sounds more like a network issue as it is only affecting the cell phone form your posting , to confirm it only happening on the cell ?

mbarnett112477
Frequent Advisor

COrrect, I only here reports when the call is intitated from a cell. We have a very large network and voice is very sensitive here. We have predictive dialer (Non NBX) and there are over 1000 people taking calls on these all day everyday. There are no reports of voice issues anywhere else. Remember this is a 3 week old V3001, the issue was also present on the older V3000 before it was replaced.

I have major delay cell to cell when calling my wife (non NBX). Its weird that the Auto Attendant audio is clear and prompt as well as the transfer message, only when the front desk answers do we see the actual delay. I have heard there has been delay when answering a transferred call as well. Its always the CEO reorting these issues.

Michael J Barnett

Telecom/Network Manager

Influent Inc

Dublin Oh 43017
Michael J Barnett

Telecom/Network Manager

Influent Inc

Dublin Oh 43017