1751841 Members
5829 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Inbound DID routing to extension list not working

xtremetoonz
Occasional Advisor

Inbound DID routing to extension list not working

<meta charset="utf-8" />We are trying to get inbound DID routing working to a Multi-Tech Faxfinder. The issue we are having is getting the DID to route to an extension list. It seems, no matter what we do, the incoming call is begin routed to the line card open hours default ext set in the line card properties. We are able to set up the DID as a normal incoming DID and route to an internal extension, just not an ext list. The lec is sending 7 digits. Below is our dial plan specific config for this:

Table Create 2 Incoming 4 Digit DID and Auto At

/                  Id Entry  Digits       Min Max Class           Prio Route

/                  -- -----  ------------ --- --- -------------   ---- -----

TableEntry Create   2     8  NXX5036        7   7 Internal           0    12

TableEntry Create   2     9  NXX5037        7   7 Internal           0    12

/                       Route Description

/                       ----- -----------

DestinationRoute Create    12    FaxFinder - Inbound

/                            Route Entry DestinationExtension

/                            ----- ----- --------------------

DestinationRouteEntry Create    12     1 *0010

Of course I've eliminated unnecessary lines from these configs. Extension list *0010 has two idle analog line card ports. When we dial the number from outside we get the main auto attendant verified by looking at the status of the digital line card. 7 digits in, showing the caller ID and begin sent to 5501 (main AA). I suspect the issue is with the syntax of the Table Create 2 Incoming lines but not sure. Help anybody?

9 REPLIES 9
merlin_1
Super Advisor

Without a pretranslator specified , the did comes in and does a look up first at the pretranslator then goes to table 2 . Your did should be an entry in table 2 sending the call to route 10

That part looks right .....

Make sure there is no match on the pretranslator ( do a dial  plan test ) , so the call can get to Table 2 .

A dial plan test sounds like your best bet to test your plan and make sure there is nothing afoul .....

xtremetoonz
Occasional Advisor

Can you help me with how to do a dial plan test to properly test an inbound DID? I tried doing a test but I don't think I did it right. The results didn't seem to point to anything that looked like it would help determine what isn't working.

The 7 digit number (5555036) is specified in table two per my config originally posted but it is not routing to that route as far as I can tell. I've tried sending it to a specific extension or even a different extension list and it's not following that so I'm assuming it's not hitting the entry in table 2 as expected.

merlin_1
Super Advisor

go to dial plan / test

Select a PRI channel then enter in the white window the did , and press ok .

This will only tell you how your dial plan is set up . Dial Plan Consistancy check .

xtremetoonz
Occasional Advisor

This seems odd:

Translation and Routing verification tool

ERROR: Invalid phone number dialed for dial plan table 2

Digits in 2535036 digits out 535036

So 7 digits in, 6 out?

xtremetoonz
Occasional Advisor

Merlin,

With that information, I changed the table 2 pretranslator to expect 6 digits, changed the DID string to 6 digits and tried it again.

From PSTN 2535036 NPANXX7107 535036 16 : NORMAL_CLEARING

So...looks like it works! Now on to troubleshoot the fax server stuff. Should be pretty strait forward from here. Thanks Merlin!

xtremetoonz
Occasional Advisor

I have an additional question. Now that the NBX is routing the DID properly, will it auto generate the DTMF tones out the analog port or is there an additional dial plan config I need to add?

merlin_1
Super Advisor

Good job on the dial plan .......

Sometimes they get a little tough as we learn how they operate !

I have an additional question. Now that the NBX is routing the DID properly, will it auto generate the DTMF tones out the analog port or is there an additional dial plan config I need to add?

Not exactly sure what you ask but :

when the call is first set up or made, the digits are internal to the NBX and the tel . Once the connection is made , whether it is an inbound or outbound call ( in an offhook state ) You will hear the DTMF tones over the line . This is called I believe out of band signaling .  So the tel inbound will generate the dtmf or the tel on an outbound call will generate the dtmf .

xtremetoonz
Occasional Advisor

I believe we are getting the DTMF tones over to the MultiVoip unit now. I'm working with them on getting their device set up correctly. Thank you for all your help!

merlin_1
Super Advisor

Anytime !

Post here if you need us ......