1752438 Members
5605 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 'Large' Dial Plan Question

dig1234
Advisor

'Large' Dial Plan Question

I'm kinda new to NBX dial plans, have a question about table size on the V3000. I need to block some 65 non-local exchanges in our area code, this would mean adding 65 lines to that particular pretranslator table. Is it safe to add that many lines, will it cause performance issues for the V3000?

3 REPLIES 3
bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

yes, adding those lines is no problem.. pretranslators do not take up much memory/cpu.

I have seen dialplans that go on for 20 printed pages with no issue on the v3000.

question: do you have the added memory in your v3000?  if you are close to the 200 device limit, you really should addthe memory. .it is cheap enough

dig1234
Advisor

Thanks, they added without a hitch. I do not have the extra memory. We only have less than 50 devices. Question:  If were to buy the memory and switch to SIP mode would I need any extra licenses to add SIP trunks or even phones/ soft phones?

merlin215
Valued Contributor

No license needed for sip . No license needed for anything else except if you add a tel as they do require a gp 2 license . The NBX loses ALL voicemail on the switch as the codecs change from adpcm to G711 as SIP does nto support  ADPCM . outside of that it should be pretty easy .