1753627 Members
5529 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MWI will not light up on 3COM 3102 Business phone

tnicholson
Occasional Advisor

MWI will not light up on 3COM 3102 Business phone

I have 50 3COM 3102 Business phones. 5 of these phone's MWI lights don't light up when a voicemail is present. The MWI lights on these 5 phones do flash on and off when the phone rings, so I know the lights haven't gone bad. I tried deleting a phone from the system and then recreating it, to see if this would fix the problem. It did fix the issue on one occasion. However, I still have 5 phones that I can't get to light up. Any suggestions?

9 REPLIES 9
merlin_1
Super Advisor

What kind of system ?

Sip mode ?

what version of code ?

How is this set up on the tels ?

MWI is controlled by the NCP if thsi is a whole NBX , or the IPMSG if it is SIP so I would need a little more info to assist .

This message was edited by merlin on 2-16-09 @ 7:23 AM
tnicholson
Occasional Advisor

Sorry about that, I guess the specs would help.

Software Version: R6_0_44

System: NBX V3000

File System: NBXFSV2

This is setup with the telephones using a text document "dial plan".

Do you need me to send you anything else?

merlin_1
Super Advisor

No problem !

So you are using NBX voicemail and some of the tels do not lite when a vmail is left ?

On the 3102 , on the bottom of the tel , is a vmail button . We call it the purple ( voicemail ) button as The lite to the right is your vmail lite . This will go on and off when vmails are left for that tel extension . We also can use buttons on the tel we refer to as MWI . Are these the ones that you are talking about ? These are programmed via netset in button mappings for the tel . You would put say a button for ext 1002 on ext 1001 so You could see if they had a voicemail .

tnicholson
Occasional Advisor

The light I am referring to is the light on the very top of the telephone. It is long and narrow (probably about 2 inches long) and blinks on and off when the telephone rings.

This is the light that should be lighting up when a voicemail is left.

tnicholson
Occasional Advisor

I also found something that might be of some help. Under the status of a working phone, I found the following entry in a section called "Actor Data":

State:Idle;Msg:messageWaitingI

ndicator;Port(Id):pDeviceInter

fac

On a phone that is not working, I found the following:

State:Active;Msg:endSession;Po

rt(Id):pDeviceToSession(0);

Notice how the first mentions a message waiting indicator.... Do you think this has anything to do with it?

merlin_1
Super Advisor

My mistake on the vmail button . You are correct on a 3102B series tel . I am not sure why this is occurring as I suggest that you open a case with us and let someone get a look at this .

tnicholson
Occasional Advisor

I ended up solving the issue today. I logged into the voicemail interface and clicked on ├втВм┼Уedit mailbox├втВм . I didn├втВмтДвt notice before, but in the ├втВм┼Уmailbox preferences├втВм area, the ├втВм┼Уnotification availability├втВм was turned off. When I turned it on, 3 new options appeared for me in the ├втВм┼Уmailbox options├втВм menu. They are ├втВм┼Уnotification filter├втВм , ├втВм┼Уnotification procedure├втВм , and ├втВм┼Уnotification schedule├втВм . I went into ├втВм┼Уnotification procedure├втВм and configured it to ├втВм┼Уblind notify├втВм . Once I did this, the light came back on.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

merlin_1
Super Advisor

NBX does not have a voicemail interface . Only a tab in netset to set certain params but I am not sure I know these !

Is this NBX voicemail or another voicemail ?

tnicholson
Occasional Advisor

No sorry. I have an NBX system buy my voicemail is setup on a 3Com VCX V7000 Networked Telephony Solution. I wasn't aware that this existed. Our phone person left the company and the phones were left for me to take care of. I only knew about the NBX system which is what caused the confusion.