1752281 Members
4513 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Make all phones ring

lonewolf_1
Occasional Advisor

Make all phones ring

I have a NBX V3001R. When a call comes in I want all phones to ring so anyone can pickup the call and pass it to who it needs to go to. For the life of me I can seem to get them all to ring. I have another system and I have compaired settings and I must be missing a step or something I don't remember. Anyone got a cheat sheet or instructions on how to do this? I have run through the manuals but I can't find anything on how to do this. Thanks for any help you can provide.

6 REPLIES 6
merlin_1
Super Advisor

How are you setting this up ? Hunt Group ? Call PIck up ?

bosoxfan_1
Super Advisor

How are the calls coming in? Via PRI line or analog line?

To make all phones ring, you can set up either a hunt group or an ACD group. .either one.. The type to pick is a Calling Group since this rings all phones.

Now you need to route calls to the Hunt Group or calling group.

If PRI line, then you will need to do a pretranslator table for the DID number and have it go to a hunt group or ACD group number. If analog line, then on the Web interface, just put the HG or ACD group number in the Auto Extension.

I did leave out a lot of the details here.. but if you have any questions, just give a yell!

lonewolf_1
Occasional Advisor

I am using a Hunt Group

lonewolf_1
Occasional Advisor

The lines are coming in Analog

Hunt Group is setup has a Calling Group

And I think that it is the routing of calls to the hunt group that is getting me....and I will try the get the hunt group numbers in the Auto Extension. I do this stuff so seldom that its easy to forget. But I do think that this may be it. If I need more detail on it I get back with you. Thanks.......

merlin_1
Super Advisor

On the analog line card , you have settings for open closed lunch and other . In the Open field put in the hunt gorup and make sure on the time of day settings - you set up your business hours as well .

make sure the timer on the open closed settings is at least 6 seconds for inbound caller id needs 6 seconds , then set your timeout in your hunt group to how many rings ( 6 seconds = 1 rings ) you want to wait befor egoing to your hunt group coverage point

lonewolf_1
Occasional Advisor

Finally got back to the project sight and got all the phones to ring. Before since I only had one line active I only put the extension on that line. This time I put them in all 4 analong lines and then it all came up. Thanks for all the help guys............