1753786 Members
7180 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Messages do not update on LCD of 3103 Phones

mikeS
Occasional Advisor

Messages do not update on LCD of 3103 Phones

I have 3103 phones a total of 25. Since upgrading to 6.5.22p05, three of the 3103 phones will not update when they have a new message. The system is in SIP mode and using an IP Messaging server. I have rebooted both the NBX and the IP Messaging server. I have rebooted the phones also. The display is 3 Msgs 3 New; when you check the voicemail you have no messages. Also, the message indicator lamp is off when there are no messages. If you have one message, the message waiting indicator lamp will be on but the LCD displays 3 Msgs 3 New. Any ideas on how this can be resolved?

5 REPLIES 5
merlin215
Valued Contributor

Re: Messages do not update on LCD of 3103 Phones

Well this is a good one . The NBX sends System states and Status mesaages across the network . In the stats Msg's I beleive is the display info . we would need to see a network trace and review the messages to see if the NBX is sending out the updates correctly . Unless something changed on your network , ther eis no reason for this to stop working . Did you notice anything else stop working ? time updates ? etc . 

A network trace can tell us . 

mikeS
Occasional Advisor

Nothing else stopped working. Time and date updates fine
merlin215
Valued Contributor

Before we go to the next step , I 'll find out if the P05 patch had anything to do with it . But i think we still may need a case open . 

Are these tels and the NBX all in the same subnet ? 

layer 2 or Layer 3 tels or both ? 

mikeS
Occasional Advisor

Same subnet
merlin215
Valued Contributor

OK 

No issues known so we need a trace and a case Mike .