8669 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Multicasting setup

STaimurH
Visitor

Multicasting setup

Hi

I have NBX V3000 and my remote site is connected through SonicWALL NSA 2400 firewall. Voice comm is functional and so is PRI trunking. I can even hear MOH when I call through remote PRI to my NBX. But MOH and Conference calls are NOT working between the remote site and NBX local IP phones. I believe Multicasting and IGMP configurations are required on my firewall. Can anyone please help in setting up my SonicWALL NSA 2400 accordingly?

Regards,

Taimur

9 REPLIES 9
merlin215
Valued Contributor

Here is a doc for nbx network considerations . ( I tried to post a doc here but don't think it made it . Send me your emial and I will fwd the doc to you ) . Looks like Multicast is not allowed at the remote site , as You state conferencing does not work . Is this a vpn to another wan or a home location ?

Check the router or vpn set up  , You may have to set up a GRE tunnel to trick the vpn

STaimurH
Visitor

kindly send it to syedtaimur@gmail.com

bigmaneric97_1
Frequent Advisor

You are about the GRE tunnel.  With most VoIP solutions that go across a VPN you have to create a GRE tunnel for the voice part of it.  If you don't have a large pipe for your VPN this additional overhead will effect voice quality.

lwr07
Visitor

Where can I get the network considerations guide that you mention?

merlin215
Valued Contributor

give me your email address please ? 

lwr07
Visitor

merlin215
Valued Contributor

Just sent you a zip file to that email address ...

lwr07
Visitor

Thanks!

merlin215
Valued Contributor

You're welcome . Good Luck !