1753757 Members
4766 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NBX 100 QoS

DataSource
Advisor

NBX 100 QoS

Hello, Can anyone tell me the packet markings for QoS as relates to the NBX 100? I am looking for call control, signaling, voice packets and anything else that the NBX system marks in order to provide priority to the voicce packets.

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Luckycharms
Frequent Advisor

NBX packets are propriatery so if you have a Switch or Router. Simpler way would be to use a ACL to ID the packets based on MAC address for Switches and/or UDP port numbers for Routers. Then remark them for using 802.1p priority for Switches and/or DSCP code point for Routers. Then assign them to a QoS queue based on this.

Since all 3Com NBX NCP, Moduels and phones have a MAC address starting with 00:E0:BB (Unicast) or 01:E0:BB (Multicast). Use these for a Switch ACL.

You would need to call 3Com or look up on the Web the UDP port numbers.

DataSource
Advisor

Thanks Lukcy Charms. So are you saying that a Cisco Router cannot recognize the packet markings?

merlin_1
Super Advisor

UDP Port Numbers :

Luckycharms
Frequent Advisor

I don't know if CISCO recognised NBX markings. I know the newer 3Com switches/Routers do. My guess is that depending on CISCO model and OS. Most don't recognise NBX packets specificaly by default specaially older Catalyst. However most can use ACL to ID the packets using some methodology then remark/prirotize/Buffer in some way. This would hold true for nearly every Swithc/Router vendor.

I guess what i am saying is instead of relying on CISCO, 3Com or what ever Switch/Router vendor you use, to natively recognize the existing markings for NBX packets. You want to mark then in a way that they will be priorized no matter what device they pass through.