1745817 Members
4244 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

NBX 100 replacement

digimonx
Regular Advisor

NBX 100 replacement

What 3Com/HP phone system would you recommend to replace aging NBX 100 with up to 100 users capable of handling analog lines and PRIs?

8 REPLIES 8
merlin215
Valued Contributor

Re: NBX 100 replacement

The latest and greatest would be the V3001 series ( make sure to get extended memory )  . I believe that the product would still be available via the vendors as we sold our last ones back in October . Also , I'm sure that either HP or your vendor could help you with a contract for a few years if necessary .

The NBX 100 only had 100 devices ( tels PRI channels etc ) .

The V3001 will have 250 devices to start with and the 6.0/6.5 license already on the box I believe when you buy new .

Also the extra memory is a good thing to have versus the number of devices . You cna use the old NBX 100 Chassis for your PRI and Analog cards by purchasing a hub card to plug into it . Now you have a remote chassis that will connect to the new V3001 system . No need to purchase a new chassis .  Just remember that you may have to purchase licenses if you have any 3100 series tels , and maybe tels if they are the 1100 series tels as they are not supported  anymore on the newer platforms .

bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

As merlin states, the V3001 is a more powerful NBX.. supports more users, does SIP.

However, this has also reached its end of sale at HP... Support is still ongoing.

You must ask yourself if you want to invest in the V3001, knowing it is end of life, or move on to other products.

digimonx
Regular Advisor

Thank you for your comments.

I would like to see a comparison chart for the VoIP solutions that HP currentlly offers to small and medium size businesses, but could not find any on the web.

If V3001 is end of life, what would be the next closest by functionality and price unit?

merlin215
Valued Contributor

Unfortunately , for that you would have to go to your vendor or your sales rep .  We do sell the VCX product but it is not discussed on this NBX forum .

Connect 100

Connect 200

enterprize

MSR

A fully based SIP system 

They can send you some better info .

fr33fall_1
Advisor

Unfortunately the VCX has been discontinued by HP, or at least put in "maintenance mode".  You may save money in the short term not having to purchase new phones bu upgrading to a V3001 or a 

VCX, but this is not a good long term solution.  I would recommend researching a new VoIP system.

digimonx
Regular Advisor

Thank you for your comment, fr33fall.

I can see HP VCX V7000 & Connect 200 with IBM servers Product End of Sale on September 24, 2010, as HP moved from IBM to HP ProLiant servers, but they still offer up to 5 years of support on all currently offered VCX systems.

Can you point to the source of information you provided?

digimonx
Regular Advisor

Thank you!