1748228 Members
4047 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

NBX 3105 Console will not light line/extension LEDs

dennisharris
Occasional Visitor

NBX 3105 Console will not light line/extension LEDs

I have an NBX system running 6.5.22 on a small WAN using 3COM/HP 5500G-EI poe switches.  The NCP is located on the 10.10.x.x network with a 3105 Attendant Console running layer two to the NCP.  I have a 3105 running via IP on the 10.12.x.x network and the same scenario on the 10.14.x.x network.

The 3105 console on the layer 2 network will light the LEDs properly when an extension is picked up.  The same for the console on the layer 3 10.12.x.x network.

The 3105 console on the 10.14.x.x network will not light an LED when the extension is in use.  It will dial the number for the extension if the button is pressed.

I swapped the console from the 10.12.x.x network with the console on the 10.14.x.x network and the problem stays on the 10.14.x.x network.  I also associated the console with a different phone within the 10.14.x.x network and still the same results.

Both switches have igmp snooping enabled on both the root and VLAN1.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated,

Dennis

7 REPLIES 7
merlin215
Valued Contributor

Re: NBX 3105 Console will not light line/extension LEDs

NBX Ports 2093 2094 2095 2096 Must be open across your network . Multicast also MUST be enabled on your switches and routers for Mcast traffic to go from one network into another . Does the tel show the correct time and date ? Send me your email and I will send you a network doc for the NBX ... roconnor@hp.com
dennisharris
Occasional Visitor

Please provide the network doc to dennis@computerlandeasttexas.com  ... the time was about 7 minutes off this morning, but I set it to the correct time about 4 hours ago.

Thanks,

Dennis

bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

The way the DSS/BLF lights is through a multicast sent from the NBX.. check the multicast configuration to the 10.14.x.x network.. something strange there.

You can prove it is multicast.. phones in the 10.14.x.x. network will not get any audio when conferencing.

dennisharris
Occasional Visitor

bosoxfan,

Go Sox!  Go Rangers!  ;-)

We were able to successfully conference call between three phones on the 10.14.x.x network.

Thanks,

Dennis

bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

hi

If able to conference 3 phones on 10.14.x.x subnet, that means mutlicast is working on that subnet...but is it working between subnets?

Try multicasting one phone on same subnet as NBX , and two phones on the 10.14.x.x.. do all get audio?

I suspect not if it is multicasting issue between subnets.

dennisharris
Occasional Visitor

Here's the latest on this issue:

* We ran a UDP Multicast Tester tool (Skybuck Flying) successfully between 2 computers at the 10.10.x location.

* We ran the UDP tool successfully between 2 computers at the 10.12.x location.

* We ran the UDP tool successfully between 2 computers at the 10.14.x location.

* We replaced the switch at the 10.14.x location.  Still having same problem.  Put original switch back.

* There are three telco Cisco Catalyst 3750 layer 3 switches in the LAN.  The one at 10.10.x connects via 172.16.x to the other Cisco switches at the 10.12.x location and the 10.14.x location.  They are using VLAN 50.  All other switches with the phones are on VLAN 1.  The telco technician assures us he is only forwarding traffic between switches.

* We were UNsuccessful using the UDP tool between the 10.10.x location and the 10.12.x location, but the console is lighting at both locations.

* The UDP tool is UNsuccessful between the 10.10.x and the 10.14.x locations.  The console does not light at the 10.14.x location.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again,

Dennis

merlin215
Valued Contributor

You need to test in between your subnets . 

test say , 10.211.230.3 to 10.212.230.3  . Multicast traffic between them . 

Chances are your routers are not set up for Multicast  . UDP is normal . 

99% of these issues are related to Multicast on the switches and routers . Do you have our document on network considerations on an nbx network  ? If not send me your email address and I will forward you a copy .