1752565 Members
5576 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

NBX Hangs!

mohamed.sabbah
Frequent Advisor

NBX Hangs!

This happened suddenly. I still could ping the NBX successfully, but all phones stopped communication. I could not even access the NBX management web page. After I rebooted the NBX (power off then on), it came up to normal operation. Where can I look to see the cause of this issue? This is happening for the second time in two months.

NBX: V3001R, Software: R6_0_63

3 REPLIES 3
merlin_1
Super Advisor

Re: NBX Hangs!

Sorry but I would need more info before commenting .

Did you pull the NBoss logs to see if any info in there ?

How many times has this occurred ? Once twice ?

How long apart if it does occur ?

mohamed.sabbah
Frequent Advisor

Actually I was looking for guidance on "Where to look?" and "What to look for?". I have looked the NBoss logs, and did not find anything abnormal near the time when the NBX hanged.

This happens for the second time. The first time was on 30-June-2009, the second time is on 23-Aug-2009. To give you more history on this NBX. When we first purchased it it had R6_0_14, then we upgrade it to R6_0_63. We did not do configuration from scratch, but rather we have taken a backup of another NBX (V3000 Analog) and we restored it to this NBX. I wonder what could make the NBX hang? Is it hardware issue, or something else?

merlin_1
Super Advisor

Hi Mohamed

Due to the nature of the issue , it is a very difficult one to try and find sometiome s. I would start off by enabling a network trace , wireshark , etc . After the reboot review the NBoss logs as well as lok at the traces for sytem states and system statuses . If you do not see any of these then your NBX shut down sending/recieving . Multicast for the states I believe and the tels will send the statuses and recieve an ack form the NBX . I would also run a hyperterm and review that at the time of the event as well . It could possibly be port 1024 / 1027 denial of service attack or something within the NBX . Again a good start is to get the logs and traces . If you need some assistanc eon the traces , open a case and we can help out of necessary .