1753500 Members
4170 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

NBX Lockup

cville_tech
Occasional Contributor

NBX Lockup

i have a NBX V3000 with Epic that has crashed twice recently and i see a lot of the following log entries on the date and time of the crash which i have never seen before. could anyone shed some light as to the root cause of these entries and if like i think it is the cause of the crash.

DIL E CCMServer: Could not spawn CCMReader Task                                                                          

IMAP           E Fatal error user=uid237 host=180.85.132.3 mbx=???: Out of free storage                  

IMAP           E IMAP toolkit crash: Out of free storage 

VoiceMail0     W mbox_login: uid237: select failed

DIL            W processNIPCommonSlaveStatus: malloc() failed. Message dropped.                                            

4 REPLIES 4
cville_tech
Occasional Contributor

Re: NBX Lockup

i have a NBX V3000 with Epic that has crashed twice recently and i see a lot of the following log entries on the date and time of the crash which i have never seen before. could anyone shed some light as to the root cause of these entries and if like i think it is the cause of the crash.

DIL E CCMServer: Could not spawn CCMReader Task                                                                          

IMAP           E Fatal error user=uid237 host=180.85.132.3 mbx=???: Out of free storage                  

IMAP           E IMAP toolkit crash: Out of free storage 

VoiceMail0     W mbox_login: uid237: select failed

DIL            W processNIPCommonSlaveStatus: malloc() failed. Message dropped.                                            

bosoxfan_1
Super Advisor

The "IMAP Toolkit Crash" usually indicates that a user has set up IMAP on his/her PC incorrectly and is using the NBX as a mailserver.

cville_tech
Occasional Contributor

they are on 6.0.63. thanks i will check this out, if it was setup i did not know about it. so you think its on the user side PC

merlin_1
Super Advisor

It could be anywhere as the IMAP crash is the result and not the cause . Something is causing issues on IMAP .

I think your are right to review the rest of the set up , maybe a network trace as well . This way you may be able to ID the source of the issue .