1753868 Members
7621 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NBX R6.5.20 now available

merlin_1
Super Advisor

NBX R6.5.20 now available

R6.5.20 NBX Code has been available for over a week now . It is suggested that you should upgrade from R6.5.18 to R6.5.20 as there are a lot of fixes in this code .

Anyone running R6.0 should back up their db on 6.0 then upgrade to R6.5.20 code .

9 REPLIES 9
greg24
Regular Advisor

merlin_1
Super Advisor

Use the partner site :

pa.3com.com

I found it there

merlin_1
Super Advisor

Its now up on the FTP site as well

All the apps are there too

DanCarroll
Frequent Advisor

I still do notseeit on the ftp site?

catkinson

I got wind of this today from our telephony vendor- looks like it came out June 30. Just downloaded and will be patching about 42 systems soon...

Those that installed closer to the original thread date here, what are your thoughts on it? Any noticable changes? I'm coming from R6.0.63.

Chris / Telecommunications Analyst
cbunting
Advisor

I would wait to upgrade from 6.0.63 if I were you. There are still some unresolved issues on 6.5.x, and it's probably best to wait until at least 6.5.21, which is coming out the end of this month... There's really nothing to gain if you aren't running it in SIP mode

catkinson

Yeah, we're not running SIP... yet. Actually turning up our first SIP box today. I'm not doing the install of all the pieces on both ends (our vendor is), though I'll be supporting it in the end.

Anyway, at this time, I'm just in these for the bugfixes and stability improvements. How do you know when these versions are coming out?

merlin_1
Super Advisor

Check back on this site and don't be afraid to ask questions as we will be more than glad to answer as many as we can . A new release of R6.5 code ( Unknown revision ) is due out towards the end of the Month . It will have a lot of fixes as the release notes will be up on the Partner site as well as the code upon General Availability of the code .

catkinson

Fantastic- I'll hold off on my global upgrades to this latest version when it comes out (we've found that ATAs pretty much don't work on 5.18). Takes awhile to upgrade all of my chassis across the WAN. Thanks.