1751974 Members
4401 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NBX-SIP to VCX V7111 Analog FXS to FAX

Sabbah
Occasional Advisor

NBX-SIP to VCX V7111 Analog FXS to FAX

Hi, I have NBX V3001R running software ver. 6_5_22. I want to connect FAX machines to this NBX. I used to do that by ATA, but now the ATA is discontinued and End-Of-Sale. I am looking at alternatives. I read somewhere that the VCX V7111 Analog FXS gateway may meet my requirement provided that the NBX is working in SIP mode. I read the manual of VCX V7111, and was looking for FAX support information. I read it supports the T.38 for Fax over IP, but not sure how this will inter-communiate with the NBX system. I am confused about how the final setup should be. The NBX has a chassis with E1 (PRI ISDN) card. I need the analog fax machines connected to the VCX V7111, to be able to send and receive faxes over the E1/ISDN line. Can somebody help with configuration guidlines to acheive that. Has anyone made similar setup? Really in need for a solution.

P.S. Same question I have posted under VCX Board

3 REPLIES 3
merlin215
Valued Contributor

Why can't you use the ata ? event hough they are not made anymor e, you can still use them ont he NBX . The G/w will require you to change over to sip mode and make sure you are running R6.5.22 P03 patch as well . Youc na lose all of your voicemails as the coding compression for audio changes from adpcm to G711 thus requiring ALL audio to be changed to G711 Outside of that yes you can user a 7111 gateway . How many faxes are you installing ? I would suggest opening a case up and let someone help you out with that .
Sabbah
Occasional Advisor

I can not use the ATA because I can not find them in the market. We have a plan for quantity= 30 ATA/FAX installation for one of our customers, but all 3Com re-sellers/distributors say they do not have stock. The NBX system is newly installed (although it was purchased last year). So the site still has no phones neither VM/AA recordings.  I would appreciate pointing me with whom to open case!

merlin215
Valued Contributor

You can call 800 876-3266 and open a case if you are contracted with HP . You should be going to your vendor or Sales team as well