1748054 Members
4483 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: NBX TSP for Windows Vista 64 Bit

biju_1
Occasional Contributor

NBX TSP for Windows Vista 64 Bit

Does anyone know if the NBX TSP software (NBXTSP_R6_0_10.exe)supports Windows Vista 64 Bit version? I can't fine the NBX TAPI in telephony (Control Panel >> Tele & Modem >> Advanced) after installing it. Please help!!!

9 REPLIES 9
bosoxfan_1
Super Advisor

no, it does not support the 64bit version.. only 32bit

biju_1
Occasional Contributor

Is there any way to get the Desktop Call Assistant working on Windows Vista 64 bit?

merlin_1
Super Advisor

We do not support 64 bit . Only 32 bit .

Unfortunately not at this time

stevebardocz

Does anyone have any updates on this?  Are people still accepting this not working in Vista 64bit?  We bought a new NBX and upgraded to the latest software to find the TAPI still is terrible and doesn't even support most our operating systems.  Actually, I think almost all of our employees are on a 64 bit OS...I'd be surprised if you can even get a Dell system with a default configuration that's NOT a 64 bit OS.  Why does 3COM always lag with their software?  Why has their TAPI always been unreliable (does not recover from standby, gives you a stupid message "No TAPI Lines Available" when you're offline, does not recover from network losses, etc)?  Is there any development that has been done with TAPI in the past several years?  Does anyone know how to talk to someone at 3COM that can actually address some of these concerns instead of having a forum with a short answer that just says they don't support it?

stevebardocz

Also, may not be the place for this discussion, but does TAPI have to work to use the soft phone?  We'd like to explore adding this for some of our employees, but if it depends on TAPI, this is just another reason why it is so important for this to work.

merlin_1
Super Advisor

Steve

I agree with your posting . The NBX since day one has always used 32 bit applications . Just the design of the system . We have not yet been able to convert over to a lot of 64 bit apps / programs yet . I am sure our folks are working on them . I would love to see support for these applications as well on 64 bit . Not sure on the course of the NBX products roadmap so I cannot say for sure who how why when and where , in re to support for these .

As for the PC , the Tapi MUST be installed for the DCA / CAS type of applications .

I wish I could give you a better answer but thats all I have for now .

TargetInfo
Occasional Advisor

Any news about TAPI 64 bit for NBX?

Ok that the effort for the full suite is big, maybe too big, but upgrade for the TAPI driver is really required and can be used via Outlook and other software to accomplish the main task of a end user: call!

Thanks in advance,

Justin_Goldberg
Valued Contributor

It might work within virtual-pc (with a 32-bit os installed as a guest os.
bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

To answer another question, the soft phone, PcXSet, does NOT use TAPI....